Sponsored

Smaller tires on Sasquatch - 295/70/17 ?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or maybe the majority just prefers the look of a mud flap over side steps.
I don't care for either but I'll take mud flaps first. I've got the sliders but those will get chipped up too, and some rocks will still get around them. I'm planning to add a rub rail to them so that will help a little more.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it's the tread pattern that picks up and throws the rocks. Look for one with a wider groove between treads in a 305.
Yes, that's the biggest factor. Something with larger voids and less siping like a KM2 or Toyo MT will help. Or even an AT tire with small voids. The Territories are just the right pattern to collect gravel like a champ.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I was originally considering Squatch, I figured I'd switch out the MT for AT of the same size.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2 door coming in December and I ordered the Sasquatch package. I live 3 miles down a dirt road and after seeing all the videos of the Sasquatch tires throwing rocks all over the side of the truck I was thinking of going from the 315/70r 17 to 295/70/17. I didn’t know if it would throw off the shift patterns of the auto too much. They are a little smaller but 1” narrower with the wider fender flares in would probably make a big difference. I have looked and I haven’t seen anybody do this. Everyone wants to go bigger. I have tried mud flaps on other trucks back here but they don’t do much.
If you want skinnier tires closer to the stock diameter, Toyo makes their AT3 in 35x11.5r17 and Kenda has the Klever RT as a very reasonably priced 35x10.5r17

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The big reason not to do this is because yes, everything will be off. If you go with smaller tires than your Bronco will actually record more miles than what you are actually driving. The speedo will be off as well. Shift patterns....You really need to reprogram it if you go this route.
When people go the other route, it is the opposite, so the odometer shows 100 miles, but you actually went 110.....
Both are wrong, but the first one really works to your disadvantage.
I think your rationale is skewed. To get a 10% difference or more you would have to put a Base wheel and tire on a Sasquatch. I really doubt anyone is going there. Most rule of thumb sizing states if you stay within 3% your fine. Three MPH at 100, big deal...

Last edited:

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want skinnier tires closer to the stock diameter, Toyo makes their AT3 in 35x11.5r17 and Kenda has the Klever RT as a very reasonably priced 35x10.5r17
I'm upgrading to a 35x10.5 Kenda on my non-Sas. Just showed up today.

IMG_20211110_134931.jpg

IMG_20211110_135501.jpg
Sponsored