First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having 2x 2drs is way more fun and practical than you would think! for instance: take the top and doors off one, and leave them on the other...now no matter what the weather is in the morning you are all set! Not enough cargo space? remove back seats from one, and leave seating in the other one...wife/kids in one vehicle, dad/gear in the other! Every man's ideal solution to long road trips w/the family! Planning a weekend trail ride w/a buddy when he calls you and says his old Jeep or whatever is broke down and he wont have parts till Monday? If it's a friend you trust...you can save the day! And the list goes on. I was gonna sell my 2nd one too at 1st...now I'm spoiled!
Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a Base 2.7 2Dr, but after taking a Ranger 2.3 for a ride I tried to switch my order to the 2.3. I think the looks under the hood is cleaner, along with the increased gas mileage, and you're only having to deal with one turbo.

However, I did get the 2.7 because the dealer told me a change would send me to the back of the list. Long story short... I am pleased with the power... but I got an extended warranty because the 2.7 just looks a lot more complex.

My 2 cents... keep the current beast and start running premium fuel. If that isn't enough get the performance tune and an extended warranty. Sounds like you're pretty happy already.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2 cents... keep the current beast and start running premium fuel. I
Tried both regular and premium and the performance and MPG are enough to go premium. I did city (hilly with stop lights not synced) only, road trip hwy and Too high of speed (in the 80s) hwy and off road and the mileage always made up for the cost difference and the added performance was missed when I used regular.

Love my base Sasquatch, if your price protection for the new one, how close is it to the base with ADM and parts? I understand about your color change of hart, A51 was a color I really wanted and it wasn't available on a base, by the time Ford made it available I was over it seeing so many manufactures selling the "gunmetal grays" and seeing them everywhere made me want them less.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a Base 2.7 2Dr, but after taking a Ranger 2.3 for a ride I tried to switch my order to the 2.3. I think the looks under the hood is cleaner, along with the increased gas mileage, and you're only having to deal with one turbo.

However, I did get the 2.7 because the dealer told me a change would send me to the back of the list. Long story short... I am pleased with the power... but I got an extended warranty because the 2.7 just looks a lot more complex.

My 2 cents... keep the current beast and start running premium fuel. If that isn't enough get the performance tune and an extended warranty. Sounds like you're pretty happy already.
What does gas cost where you live?

Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the sales tax in LA being what it is I see no way you can make this work financially. If you buy the BD and sell the basequatch you are immediately in the hole unless you can sell the basequatch for more than your total price paid when you got it. MGV sucks in SoCal. I left my BD at the trailhead today in mid 70s temps, came back after a 5 hr hike, and those MGVs were sticky. I don't recall every seeing sweat puddles on any other vehicle I have owned... guess there is a first for everything. I may be putting fugly wood beads over the MGV in the near future.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A51 is no longer available for Bronco.
The closest color we have now is Azure Gray which is metallic.
Since when? It's still in the configurator.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A51 is still available and, as the one of the most popular colors, I doubt it will go anywhere.

I love the V6, but I test drove the I4, and if I already had the 4, I don't think the V6 would be a selling point for me. I think it is better and am glad I got it, but not THAT much better to trade in for. Just my thoughts on the engines ;)

Sponsored

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gas where I am (Sacramento CA area) cost about $4.40 at Costco for regular, and about $5.00 at a Chevron. Usually premium is about $0.30 more. That was as of last week. Who knows what it will be this summer.

We Californians are stupid... and keep voting for higher gas-tax prices even though the roads really suck anyway. Its what we do!