First Name
Troy White
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021, 1988, 1995, and 2 1979's
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wanted to reach out to my fellow Gen 6 people to see if you have had the same experience as I am. First, we are a fully addicted Bronco family. We have five Broncos in total between My 16-year-old daughter 20-year-old son and myself. Many of you may know my son Parker from his social media @Bronco.88 and all the Bronco podcasts he has been on. We are very active in the southeast, especially Georgia Broncos. So that being said I definitely don’t want to bash Ford. I have a 2021 Outer Banks with a little over 55k miles on it. I dropped my Bronco off at the end of Oct with a laundry list of things that need attention. Everything from broken window switches to check engine lights and a soft top that leaked and the material was separating. I will finally be picking up my baby today with most everything repaired. This is where my problems come. My top is still not repaired. They are willing to re-glue the material on the interior which they are instructed on how to do by a Ford Service Bulletin that has been sent out at a cost of $1,157.50. Of course, that seems extremely high for some spray adhesive. I have dealt with the “Warranty Customer Service” dept and their supervisor. One of the worst experiences I have had with anyone at Ford. They did offer to reduce the price some. My main issue is paying out money for this when the main issue is the leak which they “hope” will be solved once they re-glue everything. I don’t feel that is going to solve the leak since the extra material is to help with rubbing when opening and closing the roof, not keep water out. Hate that I feel no matter if it is a hard or soft top on our Bronco it is a problem. Curious to see what experience you have had.
Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I have a 21 Badlands, my top does not leak. Now A little while back, there was a small section, right behind the driver seat that was starting to sag down. I bought a can of adhesive, the industrial car brand for upholstery, (a buddy of mine told me which one to get) and I fixed the issue myself. I've not had any sags since, and my top has never leaked.

All of this being said, I purchased the Armadillo slant-back aluminum hardtop. Hopefully, it should arrive before Christmas :)

OP
OP
Bluewater.bronco

Bluewater.bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy White
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting. I have a 21 Badlands, my top does not leak. Now A little while back, there was a small section, right behind the driver seat that was starting to sag down. I bought a can of adhesive, the industrial car brand for upholstery, (a buddy of mine told me which one to get) and I fixed the issue myself. I've not had any sags since, and my top has never leaked.

All of this being said, I purchased the Armadillo slant-back aluminum hardtop. Hopefully, it should arrive before Christmas :)
I love having the soft top but still thinking about getting a hard top so I can utilize a roof rack. I think I'm going to go the spray adhesive rout if keep hit the wall of having it repair. Not been able to find the leak just periodically after big rains my back seat and cargo area will be wet. guess we will see.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For that money, I'd install a Bestop and ditch the Ford top if they aren't paying. In fact, I installed a Bestop on my 2 door within months of purchase, and stashed the hardtop away. Close to 2 years now with the Bestop and I park outdoors without cover at home and work - no leaks.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full disclosure, I never wanted a soft top, but I bought off the lot.

I had issues with broken soft top clips when I took delivery (it was a demo and the sales staff had no idea how to take the top off, apparently) that was replaced under warranty (before the TSB for broken clips came out, lol)

Luckily I've had no problems since.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Calling Ford out on their horrible quality control and design issues is not "bashing".

OP
OP
Bluewater.bronco

Bluewater.bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy White
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For that money, I'd install a Bestop and ditch the Ford top if they aren't paying. In fact, I installed a Bestop on my 2 door within months of purchase, and stashed the hardtop away. Close to 2 years now with the Bestop and I park outdoors without cover at home and work - no leaks.
good to know

wkfore

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks Sasquatch Cactus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have not had an issue with mine yet but I am concerned as I typically ride with the top flipped back. I see that the material is in a awkward position and I have wondered if over time it would damage the soft top material. Do you mind posting a picture of where the material is separating? I would like to stay ahead of any issues. Thanks.

ItsNat94

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can definitely recommend the Bestop as the alternative to the factory soft top. Switched mine out within the first month I had it!
The instructions are a little wonky and but I was able to install myself (as a female) with no real experience. It was a life saver to resolve the sagging factory top as well as the security issue that comes with the factory top as well. Hope this helps! 😇

OP
OP
Bluewater.bronco

Bluewater.bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Troy White
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can definitely recommend the Bestop as the alternative to the factory soft top. Switched mine out within the first month I had it!
The instructions are a little wonky and but I was able to install myself (as a female) with no real experience. It was a life saver to resolve the sagging factory top as well as the security issue that comes with the factory top as well. Hope this helps! 😇
It does. Thanks
Sponsored