Sponsored

Possible Soft Top Issue - air and/or water coming in?

TazDude69

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has any one who has taken delivery or driven a 4 door with a soft top noticed if air and/or water come in the sides above the doors? I looked at one today and the top seemed loose and I could stick my hand into the area above the doors easily. Seemed like there should have been something in this area to latch and seal it possibly. There is a rubber seal on the top and on the body that look like the lock together but don't. The top is tight in the first 6in or so then gets slightly loose until close to the rear windows. Does any one have any picture of theirs from this area of the top?

Ford Bronco Possible Soft Top Issue - air and/or water coming in? tempImageSdQwzc

Ford Bronco Possible Soft Top Issue - air and/or water coming in? tempImageJME8gA

Ford Bronco Possible Soft Top Issue - air and/or water coming in? tempImage1QmSUo
Sponsored

Last edited:

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I took delivery Friday. My top is tighter without that gap.
BUT that seam you photo that ends 5" before the end of the top is a challenge. It creates a channel to that spot and all the rain comes right down it in a heavy stream. Getting you wet on way in and out of truck. Bet they redesign .

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BUT that seam you photo that ends 5" before the end of the top is a challenge. It creates a channel to that spot and all the rain comes right down it in a heavy stream. Getting you wet on way in and out of truck. Bet they redesign .
Ugh. Like a Wrangler.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

unless you are literally having a problem with air and water getting in the car dont make these threads
Lol

But come on. It’s fun to see how many perceived flaws we can find and blow it up :)

I really don’t pay attention. I’m many months removed from mine and have a hard top.
Also, it’s all gonna be just fine and if there are issues I have a warranty.

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha! This is going to trigger a lot of people who've given the Jeep Wrangler grief for this exact same issue. I mean you're gonna get wet regardless when you step out of your vehicle in the rain. Embrace the Bronco charm, folks!

JadeF100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 , 75 F100
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ha! This is going to trigger a lot of people who've given the Jeep Wrangler grief for this exact same issue. I mean you're gonna get wet regardless when you step out of your vehicle in the rain. Embrace the Bronco charm, folks!

I might not even have Really picked up on it too much unless dealer noted the design.
And its been raining the last 4 days !
Minor issue for sure, just getting in/out.

I can say that the soft top is Really well made, quiet, and super easy to fold down without any help. And the Rear Window is clear and even in the heaviest of rains provided clear views behind without a wiper. Imagine those that get it and eventually convert to a hard top without wiper will feel same .

As my old bronco leaks directly through the roof, this roof is a major upgrade! :)

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has any one who has taken delivery or driven a 4 door with a soft top noticed if air and/or water come in the sides above the doors? I looked at one today and the top seemed loose and I could stick my hand into the area above the doors easily. Seemed like there should have been something in this area to latch and seal it possibly. There is a rubber seal on the top and on the body that look like the lock together but don't. The top is tight in the first 6in or so then gets slightly loose until close to the rear windows. Does any one have any picture of theirs from this area of the top?

Ford Bronco Possible Soft Top Issue - air and/or water coming in? tempImage1QmSUo

go drive it through a car wash and see what happens.

JTsGarage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might not even have Really picked up on it too much unless dealer noted the design.
And its been raining the last 4 days !
Minor issue for sure, just getting in/out.

I can say that the soft top is Really well made, quiet, and super easy to fold down without any help. And the Rear Window is clear and even in the heaviest of rains provided clear views behind without a wiper. Imagine those that get it and eventually convert to a hard top without wiper will feel same .

As my old bronco leaks directly through the roof, this roof is a major upgrade! :)
You've got a valid point though. Glad you love the soft top nonetheless. It's the only way to go in my opinion. It looks very durable.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that I look at it…I do see a STRONG potential for fading….has anybody had any major fading problems yet? Has anybody had both leaks and fading? Anybody with leaks, fading, and wind problems? This is highly concerning…

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now that I look at it…I do see a STRONG potential for fading….has anybody had any major fading problems yet? Has anybody had both leaks and fading? Anybody with leaks, fading, and wind problems? This is highly concerning…
You left out insect infestation. And mice nibbles.
Sponsored