Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 2015 wrangler has a stream near the front of the door in heavy rains (when you open the door). Unfortunately, that's a part of these soft top "lifestyle" vehicles. I've known people who try and sometimes successfully lemon wranglers over similar issues. When people start taking hard and soft tops off and on we should see a rash of people with leaks unless ford did an exceptional job with the gasketing and made it consumer proof (doubtful). It's pretty easy to incorrectly put a soft top back up on a wrangler and the hard tops leave all sorts of opportunities to incorrectly reassemble and screw up the gasketing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well duh but I mean this sequence

1. Lean your knee inward to the center console
  2. Open door
  3. Let the water do its thing
  4. Then get out
I don't think you understand the gravity of this issue. THE. WATER. NEVER STOPS. I can't avoid it. A constant stream that never ends until it stops raining, and even then, it still can continue to stream down. It's pretty significant.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think you understand the gravity of this issue. THE. WATER. NEVER STOPS. I can't avoid it. A constant stream that never ends until it stops raining, and even then, it still can continue to stream down. It's pretty significant.
Jeez that sounds pretty unavoidable. Let us know next downpour if the suggestion on the first page alleviates the issue in any way.
(The pushing up on the problem area of the roof suggestion)

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would suggest finding a parking spot next to a curb that you can park on top of with either the driver side or passenger side tires, this should cause enough lean to allow the water to flow off or away from the area of accumulation thus preventing the sudden waterfall.

If anyone questions you, just say itā€™s a Bronco and because you can, donā€™t have to say that itā€™s anti-drenching technique ;)

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2.7 barely penalizes you in MPG and actually slightly improves the highway mileage in the BD and BL. At least officially. Big factor in why I'm considering a switch from the 2.3.
Factor in the extra cost for the 2.7L (including interest paid if you finance it) and Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™re not gaining anything financially, at least for a long time.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Factor in the extra cost for the 2.7L (including interest paid if you finance it) and Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™re not gaining anything financially, at least for a long time.
Definitely not, but my original calculus was that I would get more power but pay more and kill my range. With the mileage part being basically a wash, I'm willing to pay the amount for better highway passing power.

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you stop abruptly and force the water over the roof and on to the front window?

I live in the desert.. not sure how rain works, but I've heard of the stuff.
The wettest I ever got in a vehicle was driving a Jeep YJ with no top from Phoenix to Palo Verde in heavy rain. I was ok on I-10 but I had to slow down on the off-ramp and thatā€™s when I got drenched!

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeez that sounds pretty unavoidable. Let us know next downpour if the suggestion on the first page alleviates the issue in any way.
(The pushing up on the problem area of the roof suggestion)
I'm definitely going to try that!!

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are gaining a fun vehicle to drive.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would suggest finding a parking spot next to a curb that you can park on top of with either the driver side or passenger side tires, this should cause enough lean to allow the water to flow off or away from the area of accumulation thus preventing the sudden waterfall.

If anyone questions you, just say itā€™s a Bronco and because you can, donā€™t have to say that itā€™s anti-drenching technique ;)
That's actually not a bad idea. I'll look around and see what is available. They just repaved our parking lot, so my old spot where I parked like that is gone.

Sponsored

dsco

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the rain stream is real and yes it's a problem but maybe just a way of life? I did look for a solution today. I spotted a hardtop Jeep with what looked like aftermarket rain gutters. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like an unsolvable problem. If its worth solving at all. For me, it's going to be less of an issue when it's not freezing rain ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ I do keep a camp towel in the little side pocket to mop up ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ If you can't live with it period you could try something like this genius

CLTClassics

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 228i, 2021 Outer Banks Sasquatch/soft top/lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep, experienced this for the first time today - had to jump in the Bronco in the pouring rain to take my sick dog to the vet. There were 3 areas where the rain just poured down on the drivers side door and we both got soaked. It's impossible to avoid. I have a soft top BMW convertible that has never experienced this pooling/rain issue, so I guess this is just a Bronco thing. I'll be searching for a solution so my wife's big curly Latina hair doesn't get ruined just getting out of the car in the rain.

OP
OP
Southern Girl

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, experienced this for the first time today - had to jump in the Bronco in the pouring rain to take my sick dog to the vet. There were 3 areas where the rain just poured down on the drivers side door and we both got soaked. It's impossible to avoid. I have a soft top BMW convertible that has never experienced this pooling/rain issue, so I guess this is just a Bronco thing. I'll be searching for a solution so my wife's big curly Latina hair doesn't get ruined just getting out of the car in the rain.
With the daily downpours we have during summer, I'm really considering the Bestop as an alternative. Let us know if you figure something out!

mrbrenan

Badlands
First Name
Brenan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a first for me coming from the 5th Gen 4Runner and 2nd Gen Tacoma... What about swapping to a hard top? Does it drain hard with the hard top as well or just soft top?
Sponsored