First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what it looks like without the soft top installed, if you bought the top from ford it should come with all the parts to make it work like the pillar trim ect. The scratches on my paint are from me removing the top by myself, hence why it’s best to have a second person to help!

Ford Bronco Soft top install instructions? IMG_5550
Sponsored

Robrod802

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I installed a factory soft top on my hard top Bronco last weekend. The person I bought the top from provided me with all the brackets. The install was fairly easy but I had to remove the top a couple times to adjust the cargo brackets so the top would latch over the windshield and the side windows could be put in. Unfortunately you don't know if the cargo brackets are adjusted correctly until after you put the top on and the only way to adjust them is with the top off. They have about a 1/2" of adjustment and just a small adjustment can make a big difference.

What I found on my Bronco (I'm sure each one is a little different).....the brackets should be adjusted so they are pushed more toward the front of the Bronco. When you mount the soft top to the bracket (shown in the pick with the red arrow) the soft top frame has a lower bolt cutout and the bottom bolt threads (red circle in picture) should be right at the edge (front to back) of the soft top frame. This closes the distance between the front Bronco roof latches and the rear and also makes the side window panel opening smaller so the windows fit easier. My first attempt the roof would not even come close to latching in the front. I removed the top and slid the cargo brackets forward. The top would then latch in the front but I could not stretch the side windows enough to go in. I removed the top again, slid the cargo brackets as far forward as I could without covering the lower bolt hole with the soft top frame, mounted the top and I could latch the front roof latches and was able to stretch the side windows enough to install them.

Ford Bronco Soft top install instructions? 1715886856122-0j

1715886570081-hp.png

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Side Window Channels should be in a box on the pallet. Those do not come pre-installed for some reason .... Also, you don't need the trim panel covers if you want to save $100.00. You'll just be able to see the brackets without them on. OR you could cut the ones you have for your hard top.

Also, when you go to install ... You should make a video. I think you'd be a savior for all the people buying the used ones since all the videos online are about installing a soft top with the soft top brackets already in place.
Good points - but my list can be referenced for anyone with a hard top that bought just the soft top and now needs all the pieces ;)

OP
OP

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I installed a factory soft top on my hard top Bronco last weekend. The person I bought the top from provided me with all the brackets. The install was fairly easy but I had to remove the top a couple times to adjust the cargo brackets so the top would latch over the windshield and the side windows could be put in. Unfortunately you don't know if the cargo brackets are adjusted correctly until after you put the top on and the only way to adjust them is with the top off. They have about a 1/2" of adjustment and just a small adjustment can make a big difference.

What I found on my Bronco (I'm sure each one is a little different).....the brackets should be adjusted so they are pushed more toward the front of the Bronco. When you mount the soft top to the bracket (shown in the pick with the red arrow) the soft top frame has a lower bolt cutout and the bottom bolt threads (red circle in picture) should be right at the edge (front to back) of the soft top frame. This closes the distance between the front Bronco roof latches and the rear and also makes the side window panel opening smaller so the windows fit easier. My first attempt the roof would not even come close to latching in the front. I removed the top and slid the cargo brackets forward. The top would then latch in the front but I could not stretch the side windows enough to go in. I removed the top again, slid the cargo brackets as far forward as I could without covering the lower bolt hole with the soft top frame, mounted the top and I could latch the front roof latches and was able to stretch the side windows enough to install them.

Ford Bronco Soft top install instructions? 1715886570081-h

Thanks for the help, the soft top is still on the original pallet with a box from the factory. Hopefully everything is in it. I appreciate the help and advice.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@timstrong20 this was the annoying part of the install. When done in the factory, they know exactly where these brackets need to be. It may take a little trial and error ... make sure you have strong dudes to help you life the soft top into place. If not, you'll scratch the crap outta your rear roll bars. Ask me how I know and why I now have the Mabbett covers on them :(

Sponsored
OP
OP

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bought a soft top a month or so back. Didn't know about all the brackets, seller hasn't been very communicative when I offered another $100 for them so I just ordered this morning. Here is everything you need:

GroupPart NumberDescriptionQTYUnit PriceTotal Price
Rollbar BracketW707288-S442Bolt for Rollbar bracket
4​
$ 4.00$ 16.00These bolts sold in packs of 4
Rollbar BracketM2DZ-78515A53-BRollbar Bracket Left
1​
$ 30.00$ 30.00
Rollbar BracketM2DZ-78515A52-BRollbar Bracket Right
1​
$ 30.00$ 30.00
Side Window ChannelM2DZ-78255A35-BALeft C pillar window channel
1​
$ 35.00$ 35.00
Side Window ChannelM2DZ-78255A34-BARight C pillar window channel
1​
$ 65.00$ 65.00
Side Window Channel*Bolts not needed because they already are there
Quarter Panel BracketsM2DZ-7829452-ALeft and Right Brackets for Quarter Panel
2​
$ 25.00$ 50.00
Quarter Panel BracketsW721070-S450BBolts for Bracket to 1/4 panel
4​
$ 3.00$ 12.00These bolts sold in packs of 4
Quarter Panel BracketsW721070-S450BBolts for soft top to brackets
6​
$ 3.00$ 18.00These bolts sold in packs of 4
Quarter Panel BracketsM2DZ-7831289-BATrim panel with bracket cutout left
1​
$ 50.00$ 50.00
Quarter Panel BracketsM2DZ-7831288-BATrim panel with bracket cutout right
1​
$ 50.00$ 50.00
Rear Window BracketsM2DZ 78515A54CRear Window Brackets
2​
$ 35.00$ 70.00https://mountains2metal.com/tailgate-window-catch-set/
Rear Window BracketsW721070-S450BBolts for Brackets
2​
$ 3.00$ 6.00

For the rear window brackets, they are really high for some reason, $450! A few weeks ago they were $1000!!! Guessing there's some sort of shortage. Anyway, I just ordered the mountains to metal that I included the link to.
Did you order all of your parts from Ford?
I am missing the below roll bar brackets and screw and ford is back ordered on them. Hoping you had a different source to order them.
Thanks, Tim

Rollbar BracketM2DZ-78515A53-BRollbar Bracket Left1$ 30.00$ 30.00
Rollbar BracketM2DZ-78515A52-BRollbar Bracket Right1$ 30.00$ 30.00

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am missing the below roll bar brackets and screw and ford is back ordered on them. Hoping you had a different source to order them.
Thanks, Tim

Yeah, I ordered from a dealer in FL and then the said these were back ordered. So I found the on eBay, but they were quite a bit more than $30!

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m also having trouble finding M2DZ78255A34BA

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m also having trouble finding M2DZ78255A34BA
My dealer went to order some for me the beginning of May and they were backordered until 5/31.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer went to order some for me the beginning of May and they were backordered until 5/31.
good to know, that’s not too bad. I have a few projects in front of the soft top so should be an issue. Plus, I really only got the soft top as an emergency backup, and doors will be off, so the side window isn’t a big deal

Sponsored

GanglyGiraffe

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco, ‘20 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks, Tim

Tim, I just picked up a used soft top and these brackets came with the top (after I previously ordered a set due to seller saying he didn’t have them). I’ll let them go for less than the dealer wants and include the 4 bolts

OP
OP

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tim, I just picked up a used soft top and these brackets came with the top (after I previously ordered a set due to seller saying he didn’t have them). I’ll let them go for less than the dealer wants and include the 4 bolts
Great, can you UPS them and I send you a check or certified check (obviously pay for mailing/shipping)?
Would you mind sending me a pic of the brackets and screws? Greatly appreciated....
Tim

tofudrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The softop officially weighs about 90 lbs but when i lifted it up n over feels more like 120. Got a cool storage solution if interested

OP
OP

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The softop officially weighs about 90 lbs but when i lifted it up n over feels more like 120. Got a cool storage solution if interested
I have the styrofoam pallet to store it, so I won't need anything for storage. Thanks though.