Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So it seems that the cable that runs from the main latch to the passenger side on my soft top is SUPER tight. It holds the passenger side latch open with the spring, when closing it, and even seems to work its way unlatched over time. I have to force the latch to grab every time, as when closing it with the weight of the top it does not grab.

Been debating on just removing the spring and manually opening it when I want to open the whole top.

Anyone else have this issue, or have a solution? Thanks!

**I'll grab a picture on lunch break**
Sponsored

TommyHawk

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 1997 GMC 1500, 1965 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah same for me. I was able to adjust the latch lug slightly to make it a bit better. I get most of my wind noise from the passenger side rear window so I've continued to try to tweak it without much luck.

Ravell

Big Bend
First Name
Rav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For me I found if the passenger side latch is tight/hard to lock down it’s usually because the centre locking mechanism is not properly latched to the mid body locking pin so i release the half latch lift the top back and close again. Ensuring it’s locked in half position, once that is done i flip the soft top close again and always smooth one hand with no effort able to latch as it should be. So when it’s hard to latch make sure your mid flip lock are indeed locked in and just not one side.

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F150, Mustang Conv, 69 Bronco. 62 Ec
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly the same problem. Took to dealer…he said he had to have it for a day…did not leave.

OP
OP
El Bronco Blanco

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Soft Top Issue - Passenger Side Latch IMG_6446

Not the greatest pic thanks to the sun, but I’m referring to the middle latch on the passenger side.

Looking again this morning, the spring is what actually holds it closed an latched. The cable seems too tight and that’s what is pulling it open on its own.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the same problem on driver's side...could never figure out what to adjust.....suddenly, in the past few days, it's working correctly. I winder if the stupid solid window plug was getting in the way? And whether the IAG struts affect them?
Sponsored