Sponsored

Soft Top - keep front windows up when it rains ?

BAD.LANDS

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Tundra CM, '69 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All jokes aside, OP is referring to standing water on the roof that pours in when the door or window is opened. This happens even when you’re covered, like coming into your garage from being out in the rain. It’s annoying, but just part of that soft top life unfortunately. Smack the fabric part of the soft top above the drivers seat before getting in and out and you’ll be fine.
Any standing water on the roof is going on the seat unless its taken care of. I waterproofed the top and that helped a lot
Sponsored

stbanning

Badlands
First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 platinum, mazdaspeed miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES!! its terrible. and pushing up on the top to get the water to run off hasn't helped either. My problem is stopping at the drive thru and roll down the window to pay and get a free shower. I thought to myself just this morning how did this make it through engineering and through all those testers without someone complaining. For reference I had a jk with both hard and soft tops and that soft top wasnt near as bad.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YES!! its terrible. and pushing up on the top to get the water to run off hasn't helped either. My problem is stopping at the drive thru and roll down the window to pay and get a free shower. I thought to myself just this morning how did this make it through engineering and through all those testers without someone complaining. For reference I had a jk with both hard and soft tops and that soft top wasnt near as bad.
If this isn't a reason to park the vehicle and go inside to order your McTripleStackBurger and Bucket O' McFries, I don't know what is.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Has anyone experienced soft top in the rain ?
If you roll down 2 front windows the soft top allows a steady stream of water that drips right into the inside door panels dripping down the door locks and the floor . . Keep a towel handy if your going through a drive through .? It’s really messy and frustrating.
anyone else experience this yet ?
Hello! Could you please privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'll check into this concern on my end.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent an email to Truck Master Designs, they replied back almost immediately. No plans for a Bronco product but said they should look into it, they make a Jeep drip rail extension. I'd be interested if they come up with product. http://www.truckmasterdesigns.com/products.html

BVan604

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone experienced soft top in the rain ?
If you roll down 2 front windows the soft top allows a steady stream of water that drips right into the inside door panels dripping down the door locks and the floor . . Keep a towel handy if your going through a drive through .? It’s really messy and frustrating.
anyone else experience this yet ?
My concern is around this too. Water is getting inside the door handle and likely behind the door panel itself. I envision window motors and electric locks getting messed up.

Sponsored

kantonelli

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any standing water on the roof is going on the seat unless its taken care of. I waterproofed the top and that helped a lot
what did you use/do?

kantonelli

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

how would that drip rail work with the frameless doors?
Well, they'd have to design something new and would probably have to mount in between the soft top seal and the roll bar. I looked at designing my own setup, it can be done but it will be big and ugly to catch the drip from the top. I've moved on for now, it's snowmobile season. 😁
Sponsored