First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got my 4 door 2022 Big Bend Soft top bronco like 2 weeks ago. I live in the mid west and it got super windy one day. I went to go for a drive and found fine dust all over the back seats. Is that expected to happen or should it be sealed? Leaks on the soft top? Or should I tell the dealer. Thoughts?
Sponsored

STJonesin4

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco/2022 F150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find that the Bronco soft top doesn’t seem to seal like my Jeep one did. It’s just the way it’s made. You can literally put your hand though the top above the doors. It doesn’t really seal against anything.

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Common and known issue. The top does not attach over the doors. You can put your hands under the top between the top and frame. Other threads have shown snow inside during blizzards with strong winds. Also noticeable while driving in really strong crosswinds.
I have not seen any resolution here on the forum or from Ford.
You do need to make sure your center latch points are attached but that does not solve the issue.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP, posts #2 & #3 are absolutely on the mark. I'd further advise not to take your convertible through the automatic car wash.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must be the lucky one I too went through those mid west winds no problem. I use a brushless car wash zero leaks either. Then again I've had my Bronco since March and have never opened the top.(Really wanted a two door hard top but was impatient and switched)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Samskies

Big Bend
First Name
Samantha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the comments! It's my first time owning a soft top. But I think it's worth it haha

MNBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd further advise not to take your convertible through the automatic car wash.
I did/ do take my soft top through a touchless car wash. I was ready with towels in case I needed them. No water inside, the high power jets were pointing at the side window but not at the joint with the top. Others on here also take soft tops through car washes.
Sponsored