First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I open the rear hatch on my soft top, and put the kickstand down, the top comes slightly undone at the passenger C pillar. Enough so that when you get on the freeway the wind catches the corner of the top and totally undoes the connection at the C pillar and the top flaps in the wind
I have to essentially remove the side window and reinstall to get the C pillar hook to go back in
Has anyone else had this happen? It seems to happen more often when itā€™s cold (50-60) and the top isnā€™t as flexible
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When I open the rear hatch on my soft top, and put the kickstand down, the top comes slightly undone at the passenger C pillar. Enough so that when you get on the freeway the wind catches the corner of the top and totally undoes the connection at the C pillar and the top flaps in the wind
I have to essentially remove the side window and reinstall to get the C pillar hook to go back in
Has anyone else had this happen? It seems to happen more often when itā€™s cold (50-60) and the top isnā€™t as flexible
Hello, Tim! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this soft top concern. Thanks!

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you so much!
I PMā€™d you the info

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

hmm i use the back lift option a lot and havenā€™t noticed this. Is it the top or window thatā€™s coming loose? There are latches right above the c pillar that are supposed to latch when going from full down(position 2) to just the front folded back ( position 1). Double check that they are actually latched. My passenger side doesnā€™t like to latch on its own. I gently lift up when moving the top to make sure after I noticed what was going on. I usually have to lift and bring the top down firmly to get the passenger side to latch. Also check to make sure your tension cables are connected in the front upper corner of the rear plastic window. Iā€™ve had them come out of place too.

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The window panel (not the window itself) vertical C pillar clip comes undone when opening the back of the soft top. The top itself is latched above the C pilar to the roll bar. This isnā€™t an issue.
the side window panel is too tight to reattach at the C pillar. You have to undo all the clips at the top of the window panel, then undo the window panel at the rear, the reattach by starting with the C pillar clip and moving rear wards. Itā€™s a pia

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the other side (not pictured) my rear window pops out of the clip right around this point. On this side you can see it's close but happens to hold. Is this the same problem you're referring to? If so I might be due a trip to the dealer as well.

Ford Bronco Soft top problem PXL_20220420_231924435

OP
OP

56huck

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s it, exactly
I have an appt next week at my dealer. I was wondering if this is a common issue and what the fox was

Sponsored

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Grabbed a shot of the other side where it does pop out. Definitely doesn't seem right.
Ford Bronco Soft top problem PXL_20220421_150526798

@Ford Motor Company - should I PM you as well?
When you install your side windows, which side do you clip in first, front or rear? I have noticed on mine I need to clip the side closest to the door in first, then pull on it and clip it in to the back side until I hear it pop into place and I have not had this issue.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grabbed a shot of the other side where it does pop out. Definitely doesn't seem right.
Ford Bronco Soft top problem PXL_20220421_150526798

@Ford Motor Company - should I PM you as well?
What does it look like when closed and latched? Wondering if the cable is popping it out at the top.

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always put in the door-side first. I think that's your only real option because of how the channels work at the bottom. When I velcro in the windows there's really no winning. It seems like. It either pops out or the Velcro opens up. I don't know what "right" looks like. The flap (folded down in the picture below) could go behind or atop the wire, and neither one produces a good result. Both seem sloppy and misshapen.

Ford Bronco Soft top problem PXL_20220421_230750192

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always tucked the corner underneath that wire and haven't had any issues, I'd recommend trying that. There's also a thread on here of adjusting the top to fit better, maybe worth looking at?

Oday

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine does The exact same thing itā€™s very annoying and itā€™s causing me to never lift the back. Crappy design for sure. So your saying my dealer will fix this under warranty ?
Sponsored