Sponsored

Soft top rear bow corner cast aluminum bracket broken.

Gman06880

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 4DR SAS, BMW M550, BMW iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering if anyone has seen this before....

I have a 2023 version (v2?)of the soft top....I noticed that rear window was a bit warped. Once I removed the windows, the bow separated/split at the driver side corner.

Looks like the aluminum corner bracket cracked at the point where it meets the rear trunk bar. There is no visible damage to the soft top anywhere. I don't frequently open/prop the rear so there really haven't been any unusual stresses on the bow.

I'm thinking its a stress crack that let go....

I was hoping to find the corner bracket as a standalone part but it looks like the entire bow comes as a unit and its both pricey to buy and even more pricey to ship....any help in identifying the replacement part (just the corner bracket) would be appreciated!
Ford Bronco Soft top rear bow corner cast aluminum bracket broken. IMG_0414
Ford Bronco Soft top rear bow corner cast aluminum bracket broken. IMG_0415
Ford Bronco Soft top rear bow corner cast aluminum bracket broken. IMG_0417
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wondering if anyone has seen this before....

I have a 2023 version (v2?)of the soft top....I noticed that rear window was a bit warped. Once I removed the windows, the bow separated/split at the driver side corner.

Looks like the aluminum corner bracket cracked at the point where it meets the rear trunk bar. There is no visible damage to the soft top anywhere. I don't frequently open/prop the rear so there really haven't been any unusual stresses on the bow.

I'm thinking its a stress crack that let go....

I was hoping to find the corner bracket as a standalone part but it looks like the entire bow comes as a unit and its both pricey to buy and even more pricey to ship....any help in identifying the replacement part (just the corner bracket) would be appreciated!
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. If something didn't get under the bow when closing, I feel like the tension from the straps, latch adjustment and a couple other things are putting too much up pressure on it and will eventually break.

I think I've got the left bracket off the hoop we replaced as it was the other side that broke. Before putting a new one on, you should probably see how much tension is on there when closing and see if you can relieve it.

DM me your shipping info and I'll send it. Ford doesn't service these alone like you noted.

@fordmotorcompany. You're welcome.

OP
OP

Gman06880

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks Flip! DM sent.

I think its the strap putting too much pressure on this....there seems to be limited options to adjust this as moving the rear latch brackets up puts daylight under the weatherstrip and I lose the seal above the rear quarter panel and the straps aren't adjustable without mods.

MiDukes

Wildtrak
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4 door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup. If something didn't get under the bow when closing, I feel like the tension from the straps, latch adjustment and a couple other things are putting too much up pressure on it and will eventually break.

I think I've got the left bracket off the hoop we replaced as it was the other side that broke. Before putting a new one on, you should probably see how much tension is on there when closing and see if you can relieve it.

DM me your shipping info and I'll send it. Ford doesn't service these alone like you noted.

@fordmotorcompany. You're welcome.
I am having the same issue. Passenger side broken and drivers side showing stress cracks in the black surface. Did you help resolve this for the original poster?

@fordmotorcompany can you be of any help? This part was a few hundred dollars a couple years ago and is now over a thousand. Can we just. It the aluminum bracket instead of the whole piece?

Ford Bronco Soft top rear bow corner cast aluminum bracket broken. IMG_1393

Last edited:

Sponsored

MiDukes

Wildtrak
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4 door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am having the same issue. Passenger side broken and drivers side showing stress cracks in the black surface. Did you help resolve this for the original poster?
Ford Bronco Soft top rear bow corner cast aluminum bracket broken. IMG_1393
@fordmotorcompany - can you help with this issue? Part number, replacement?

OP
OP

Gman06880

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@fordmotorcompany - can you help with this issue? Part number, replacement?
I did a repair using aluminum flat stock that has held up really well and feels stronger than the original bracket. The finished repair looks fine to me and really unnoticeable unless you really compare both sides.

IMG_0435.jpeg

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_0417.jpeg

IMG_0419.jpeg

IMG_2207.jpeg

IMG_2208.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

MiDukes

Wildtrak
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4 door Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did a repair using aluminum flat stock that has held up really well and feels stronger than the original bracket. The finished repair looks fine to me and really unnoticeable unless you really compare both sides.

Ford Bronco Soft top rear bow corner cast aluminum bracket broken. IMG_2211

Thanks!
Sponsored