First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 door 2021
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recently had my falling apart soft top replaced under warranty. My dealer had to send my bronco out to there collision repair shop as they claim that they do have anyone qualified to do the replacement. The new top is much noisier than the factory top. The sides appear to to be shorter than the original. I fear water and snow is going to make a new home inside my truck. Is there a fix for this problem. I wish That I had my old top back.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Joe,

Sorry to hear that, you'll have to keep on your dealer to make this right for you. My soft top is also not holding up great, but not failing either. I saw many posts on here and Facebook with dealers unprepared to do the swaps especially between the revisions. Thankfully I will take ownership of a turn offroad hardtop on Friday so I'm not inclined to pursue this being fixed at the risk of it turning it a shit show.

abender

Outer Banks
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Joe,

Sorry to hear that, you'll have to keep on your dealer to make this right for you. My soft top is also not holding up great, but not failing either. I saw many posts on here and Facebook with dealers unprepared to do the swaps especially between the revisions. Thankfully I will take ownership of a turn offroad hardtop on Friday so I'm not inclined to pursue this being fixed at the risk of it turning it a shit show.
Jedi, enjoy your new hard top. I bought an Anderson Composites in primer gray and I just picked it up last Friday from our Ford dealer, they painted it to match the body. What a difference it is. Holds heat and outside noise is gone.

Bronco hard top.jpg

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine the market will be filling up with second hand replacement options. Soon as I get my turn hardtop in April, I’m posting my 2023 soft top and j-top for sale - low mileage - garage kept bronco. Wonder what going rate is for them?

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMO, not too much, but it depends on the area of the country too. I just finally sold my brand new (200 miles) soft top for $600. I had it sitting in a spare bedroom for a year. Listed it @ $2K, $1600, $1000, $800 no takers. You might have better luck. I was just glad to see it go, LOL.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have the dealer do it again. My dealer got it right on the second try. It is not something that is done often so not many tech's are trained to install fabric tops.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO, not too much, but it depends on the area of the country too. I just finally sold my brand new (200 miles) soft top for $600. I had it sitting in a spare bedroom for a year. Listed it @ $2K, $1600, $1000, $800 no takers. You might have better luck. I was just glad to see it go, LOL.
I've had my eye out for a '23 ST for a while, gauging the market.
Lots of it depend on your location and a willing buyer close by.
Most of what I see agrees with your sale of yours.
Typically $600-1200 as a national average.
@BeerRunner I might be interested in yours come April if we can agree on a price that works.
My '21 is still good, just would like a fresh one to store for when this one finally gets too old.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've done a couple and they are a bitch since the material is essentially riveted to the crossbars.

Couple things I would tell you to do. One, call the dealer and let them know the fitment isn't very good (definitely take pictures of the areas of concern). Two, it's winter and cold AF, the material is new and probably hasn't had a chance to "relax" since it's been installed. After some summer heat and flexing from opening and closing, it may settle in and lay correctly. If they put another on, it may be the same or better than the replacement so it's kind of like roulette when it comes to soft tops and interior trim.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recently had my falling apart soft top replaced under warranty. My dealer had to send my bronco out to there collision repair shop as they claim that they do have anyone qualified to do the replacement. The new top is much noisier than the factory top. The sides appear to to be shorter than the original. I fear water and snow is going to make a new home inside my truck. Is there a fix for this problem. I wish That I had my old top back.

Now the soft-tops too????? WTF Ford, don't get me wrong I love my Bronco (best vehicle Ive ever owned) But I just don't get all these issues with the tops!! Jeep and its 10 different owners have been doing it since the early seventies, why is Ford having such a hard time with this. And why aren't the dozens of aftermarket campiness that do tops for the wrangler jumping on this?? I get its new but we are in production year 4 now. I had a 89YJ back in 02 still had the factory soft top with half doors (zipper windows) and it still held its own.

FYI
Somebody please make a 3 section replacement hard top for the 2 door, before the inevitable happens..

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More aftermarket tops are starting to come out, including soft tops. The MyTop company will release their automatic one-touch top in spring. That may help the soft top along.

As for the hard tops, you have Anderson, Rally Top, Turn OR, ADV, and Armadillo. So I think the aftermarket will get going, but the prices for some tops are still pricey, but I think even that may come down.

I should receive my top from Armadillo in Feb. Looking forward to getting it.

Sponsored

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just had mine replaced 2 weeks ago under warranty. I've spent 2 weeks driving thinking this thing is way noisier than before. Glad it's not me. This is unacceptable to me. It's driving me nuts. I will be reaching out to the dealer tomorrow. Anyone else have this done?

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe its the new seam that sticks up and runs front to back on both sides of the top that is the culprit for the wind noise.
Sponsored