Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any updates on how people are storing a soft top for the summer? Any lift system?
Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bump on this. Would love to see if anybody has found aftermarket solutions for safely storing the soft top - I haven't.

Unlike my former Jeep's soft top, this can't be leaned up against a wall because the mechanism has metal framing all around, and the pneumatic struts cause it to pop open.

I was able to ratchet-strap mine closed, then hang it like an upside-down U shape on top of a plastic garage shelving system, but it was sketchy because of the weight.

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hung a board from the garage ceiling with that metal that they hanf garage door tracks with. The rear sits on that and the front of it hangs by chains through two of the holes at the very ends of the metal parts. it seems to work as I can get the heavy part on the board and then raise one side then the other on the longer chains. When you do it yourself you need to be resourceful right.
I have a 23 with the dual top option. I bought the J-Barr lifting bar and a 120v electric winch that looks like yours. Worked so great to remove the hard top from my Bronco by myself. But when it came time to install the soft top I had to get a friend to help me lift it into place. I'm tempted to buy another 120v winch to remove and store the soft top. Can you post some more pictures of your set up? How do you use the winch? What loops or whatever do you use to lift up the top? Thanks!

DenNut

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the GarageSmart hoist system. Itā€™s designed for a hard top, but I figure with a few adjustments itā€™ll work with the soft top as well.
can you share the secret of using the GarageSmart hoist with a soft top?

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can you share the secret of using the GarageSmart hoist with a soft top?
Iā€™m still attempting to find the best path. Iā€™ve so far only taken the top completely off once. I used some straps and bungies tied to the metal H frame of the lift. It came off, but was not balanced so it ended up hanging vertically in the garage. Need to make some tweaks with the tension of the cables/straps next time.

Sponsored

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is my solution. Winch off of Amazon. Single piece of Unistrut 24ā€, lag bolted into ceiling joist. A couple of straps to hang and balance.

Ford Bronco Soft top storage BDC23DB1-45BD-4318-BB9D-F889674C9F5C

Ford Bronco Soft top storage 28DF2CD7-4A60-40C7-8C6B-26C4774AA791

Ford Bronco Soft top storage D281289D-6E1B-4737-AE48-4294073005C2

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered my Bronco with the dual tops option. It came from factory in January with the hard top. The soft top was stored in the back on a large hard foam pallet. It was super sturdy and surprisingly light weight, which made it easy to remove from the cargo area

Since the weather was still cold, I kept it in my garage on the pallet and covered it with a canvas drop cloth to keep dust out. We have a few 4ā€™x4ā€™ overhead storage racks in our garage so it was easy to just put it on one of those to keep it out of the way.

A quick Google search shows that similar foam pallets are readily available online. But seeing how other people have hung them on j-hooks also seems like an elegant solution.

That said, we are about to do the hard top to soft top conversion this weekend for the first time. Hoping I can use the same pallet for my hard top.

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tried @StyleGuy solution. Install was straightforward but getting the soft top off the Bronco took two people. Getting it up on the wall, I was on my own. What a PITA. šŸ˜‚
Ford Bronco Soft top storage 4E65B4C0-A53C-400C-A015-4CE6F1696475
Ford Bronco Soft top storage 1B9F7705-6AF3-42D1-B181-AA1D1793DE6C

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used Essmith94 's idea and it works great, thanks for the inspiration!

dLPeRO5.jpg

YavK4Gr.jpg

hZ48RE7.jpg

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander/Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have the links for the parts -to save a little trial and error on my part!

thanks!
Sponsored