First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I was cleaning some bugs off the front of the car and I noticed a spot on the driver side front bumper that looks like it was almost completely missed by paint. I wouldn't call it chipping or peeling, it just looks like there was hardly ever paint there to begin with and you can see the metal through it.

I went back to the pictures I took of the car while it was still on the lot before I drove it home, and sure enough the spot is there and has been there the whole time. See pics attached with the concerning area circled in red. I don't know how I or everybody missed it. I guess I was just too excited for the car and it's always looked like a reflection of the metal bumper to me until I looked at it up close. Now I can't unsee it of course.

What does this look like to you? Something easy enough for the dealership to fix? Hate having to fight with Ford for every single thing, even when it's something obvious like this.

Just rolled over 1k miles on the car today...

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg
Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The underneath of the valance is kind of a tough spot to catch, could be a simple miss. Take it to the dealer and show them it. They might just pop off the valance, and you can drive it while it’s getting fixed.

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

OP have you tried running a clay bar over it? Even zooming in it looks like some type of tar or overspray from the pictures granted it’s hard to see what you’re seeing in person through the photo.

Also don’t take that as I am doubting what you’re saying as far as lack of paint there. From what the photo looks like I’d try to clay the area.

OP
OP
bronc.bro

bronc.bro

Wildtrak
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP have you tried running a clay bar over it? Even zooming in it looks like some type of tar or overspray from the pictures granted it’s hard to see what you’re seeing in person through the photo.

Also don’t take that as I am doubting what you’re saying as far as lack of paint there. From what the photo looks like I’d try to clay the area.
No I haven't tried clay barring it, but it's definitely not tar and doesn't appear to be overspray of anything. When you run your hand over it it is smooth to the touch, like something is missing from the bumper as opposed to something being on top of the paint. I picked the car up with 2 miles on the odometer so I can't imagine it needing to have been clay barred at that time, or it having the opportunity to get any sort of road debris or anything like that on it.

OP
OP
bronc.bro

bronc.bro

Wildtrak
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The underneath of the valance is kind of a tough spot to catch, could be a simple miss. Take it to the dealer and show them it. They might just pop off the valance, and you can drive it while it’s getting fixed.
Yeah true that would definitely be convenient if they could / would do that. Especially if it was a quick turnaround.

Sponsored

BD6G

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

No I haven't tried clay barring it, but it's definitely not tar and doesn't appear to be overspray of anything. When you run your hand over it it is smooth to the touch, like something is missing from the bumper as opposed to something being on top of the paint. I picked the car up with 2 miles on the odometer so I can't imagine it needing to have been clay barred at that time, or it having the opportunity to get any sort of road debris or anything like that on it.
Gotcha, this is a weird one hopefully you can get it sorted out with your dealership. Keep us posted to the outcome and beautiful rig by the way.

OP
OP
bronc.bro

bronc.bro

Wildtrak
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Gotcha, this is a weird one hopefully you can get it sorted out with your dealership. Keep us posted to the outcome and beautiful rig by the way.
Thank you sir! I'll get it over to the dealer one of these days. A couple other very minor things to point out to them. Slowly building the list.

But overall It's been a blast to drive, and look at!
Sponsored