Sponsored

Someone threw a rubber duck at me on the way home from my first oil change. (Pay no attention to the MPG report in the background...)

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was heading down Lemon Ave. in Dallas and passed by a Jeep. Turned down Washington Ave. towards Gaston and noticed him start tailing me.

He pulls up along side me in the turn lane and throws a rubber duck into my Bronco. Says, "You've been ducked!" Does a U-turn and goes off on his merry way.

Ford Bronco Someone threw a rubber duck at me on the way home from my first oil change.  (Pay no attention to the MPG report in the background...) IMG_6996

Ford Bronco Someone threw a rubber duck at me on the way home from my first oil change.  (Pay no attention to the MPG report in the background...) IMG_6995

My wife thought it was cute. She's the one taking the pictures. I thought this was a Jeep thing and my license plate literally says "BRONCO"...

Is it wrong that I was mildly annoyed elated annoyed by it?

All in the spirit of togetherness, I guess. So, I went out and joined a Jeep club the next day...
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see it as an act of good will from a Jeeper. Welcome to the club kind of thing. Duck thing may be annoying. But far less annoying than the hate and vile some spew.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly why I keep saying you should have pineapple pizza in your bronco at all times. It should smell like a pizzaria from the 80s thatā€™s never been cleaned, or you are doing it wrong and donā€™t have adequate amounts of ammunition at the ready.

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Take is as a nice gesture. I was ducked a few years ago and I have it in my office. No harm no foul.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was heading down Lemon Ave. in Dallas and passed by a Jeep. Turned down Washington Ave. towards Gaston and noticed him start tailing me.

He pulls up along side me in the turn lane and throws a rubber duck into my Bronco. Says, "You've been ducked!" Does a U-turn and goes off on his merry way.

Ford Bronco Someone threw a rubber duck at me on the way home from my first oil change.  (Pay no attention to the MPG report in the background...) IMG_6995

My wife thought it was cute. She's the one taking the pictures. I thought this was a Jeep thing and my license plate literally says "BRONCO"...

Is it wrong that I was mildly annoyed by it?

All in the spirit of togetherness, I guess. So, I went out and joined a Jeep club the next day...
What if he missed and hit the door and put a dent in it I would have been pissed

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is exactly why I keep saying you should have pineapple pizza in your bronco at all times. It should smell like a pizzaria from the 80s thatā€™s never been cleaned, or you are doing it wrong and donā€™t have adequate amounts of ammunition at the ready.
Ford Bronco Someone threw a rubber duck at me on the way home from my first oil change.  (Pay no attention to the MPG report in the background...) 1654606468507

OP
OP
R.A.N.M.J.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take is as a nice gesture. I was ducked a few years ago and I have it in my office. No harm no foul.
Foul or Fowl... Hmmm. šŸ¤”

What if he missed and hit the door and put a dent in it I would have been pissed
I mean, it is a Thor duck. Mjƶlnir could do some serious damage.

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Someone threw a rubber duck at me on the way home from my first oil change.  (Pay no attention to the MPG report in the background...) 1654606468507

Is it wrong that I was mildly annoyed by it?

I'm pretty sure that constitutes road rage. you should have defended yourself!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see it as an act of good will from a Jeeper. Welcome to the club kind of thing. Duck thing may be annoying. But far less annoying than the hate and vile some spew.
Exactly. I'd much rather encounter somebody who wants to include you in a community in a fun way, as opposed to so many others that just want to be a dick.
Sponsored