Hotpantz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just bought about 50' of sound deadening material( 12x12" sheets) and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for "rattle" areas. I know the area in the kick panel is very noticeable as of now, but not really sure about anywhere else. I have upgraded all speakers and added an 8" hideaway sub under the rear seat. Just looking for ideas on where to start.
Sponsored

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless you have areas that rattle now I wouldn’t worry about it. The more panels you remove the more likely they are to rattle as the plastic and metal clips wear.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has been covered here multiple times, lots of good info on soundproofing. Spend some time researching “sound deadening advice “

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would bet on the doors, kick panels and cargo area being the places to look at. These trucks seem to be lacking sound proofing.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just applied sound deadening to the rear cargo area. Although I don't think I've specifically heard any rattling in this area, there is a platform with three connectors on the drivers side that have the potential for rattles. I applied sound deadening behind the bracket where it can hit the body and wrapped it with closed cell foam, a zip tie, and some cloth tape. Its the little things that can make a big difference.

Sponsored