Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That much kilmat is a waste of time and money. There’s no need for 100% coverage and I believe it’s something low like 40% that is all that’s needed to do it’s job.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That much kilmat is a waste of time and money. There’s no need for 100% coverage and I believe it’s something low like 40% that is all that’s needed to do it’s job.
But it looks good, even if it's hidden under the carpet.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
sure it might look good for something you'll never see. i'll spend the extra time hitting the trails

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of people confuse products such as KillMat with noise reduction when it is a sound deadener material . It's job is to stop the tinny sound sheet metal has when it vibrates . It also adds weight. You are correct that more than 40% coverage or less of a panel is needed and more is simply an excess that does nothing to reduce sound.

OP
OP
ejaffe

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Kilmat did nothing for sound deadening but did stop the rattles and helped with the quality of sound from the speakers. With the soft top, nothing is going to quiet the ride unless the sound is addressed at the roof.

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had my dealer spray a sound deadener on the underside of mine when I took delivery. Ran about $500, they warranty it for the life of the vehicle and will respray any areas that need it for free. Really cut down on the "tinny" sound and get a lot less noise from gravel in the wheel wells.
Sponsored