First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's an interesting issue that just came up. I upgraded my audio over a year ago and recently I have been hearing the volume go up and down as I am driving. I identified the issue and it's at the rear speakers only. The rear speakers have been changed out to 6 ½" Kickers. I have an Audio Control Amp. Any idea what could be creating this issue? I already checked for loose wires. Interestingly enough, it sounds like the speakers are getting louder than normal, not softer than normal and I actually prefer them at the louder volume. I also turned off the auto volume/speed control in case that was the issue and it's not. thanks for the ideas
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Load resistors installed between output of OEM radio and amp? OEM radio design could be rearing its design and not seeing proper load. Usually surfaces much sooner.
Is amp multi channel running fronts too? Start swapping things. Swap front rear speaker outputs. If problem stays in same speakers it’s amp related. If problem moves to front speakers it’s on the input side as the issue.

OP
OP
ejaffe

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I't a multichannel amp... LC1300. no resistors installed. Multichannel amp runs front, rear and sub

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have an aftermarket system, and had a different issue a few days ago. Only my front passenger speakers had sound. I did the soft reset on the radio and the system started playing normal again. Occasionally, the system will act buggy, but the soft reset takes care of it. I don't think is the aftermarket system, it might be the actual vehicle system. Yesterday, my CarPlay was acting weird (loosing connection/will only connect with usb cable, etc). All corrected with resets. It sucks, but I learned to live with it (for now).

OP
OP
ejaffe

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Soft reset may be a good suggestion and easy to try.

Sponsored

Darren D

Raptor
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do you have the SCV (speed controlled volume) enabled? It will adjust volume based on speed (wind noise) in the vehicle.

OP
OP
ejaffe

ejaffe

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT
Your Bronco Model