Sponsored

Spare part or does this need to go somewhere?

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Found this in the Drivers side door pocket of my 2021 2 Door Base Squach tonight. Have not figured out where it came from yet but a quick google search on the part number came back as Ford Body Plug. And they are out of stock so I feel lucky because I apparently have an extra. Ha Ha Ha.

00B69D2B-6528-4745-BE70-731E9B7BC5B3.jpeg
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s a floor plug. There are holes in the floor to let the liquid from the etching bath drain. Doubles as a drain plug if your bronco floods. Most likely a repair was done to your bronco and the repairman forgot the plus was in the door. You might want to check the floor pan closest to where you found the plug to be sure. Usually the repair stations have extra plugs, but I would verify all the holes are plugged.

OP
OP
Abundigas

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s a floor plug. There are holes in the floor to let the liquid from the etching bath drain. Doubles as a drain plug if your bronco floods. Most likely a repair was done to your bronco and the repairman forgot the plus was in the door. You might want to check the floor pan closest to where you found the plug to be sure. Usually the repair stations have extra plugs, but I would verify all the holes are plugged.
Thank you, I will check the floors. I did check up behind the dash on the firewall and did not see any missing plug. Thanks.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The firewall holes have a hose, wire or cable running thru them. Very seldom is there a hole with a plug in the firewall.

OP
OP
Abundigas

Abundigas

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
The firewall holes have a hose, wire or cable running thru them. Very seldom is there a hole with a plug in the firewall.
Thank You. I wasn’t sure if the plug might have been a spare pass through for accessories. That why I checked.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is indeed a driver side firewall plug, possibly for future up-fitting.

A company using my rig for testing accidentally left this exact plug out when they returned my truck and I could hear the engine way more than normal. Found where it went, plugged it back in, and back to normal. Most likely this was a bonus plug that got left in the OPs car during build.

I'll try and dig up the pics of the location.

EDIT: I stand corrected! This was the plug I was thinking:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...fan-like-sound-while-idle-accelerating.27987/
Sponsored