Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't know, Im interested in a clean delete for a different reason...
I doubt the setup can handle 44s and I'll need to resort to this:
Ford Bronco Spare Rear Tire Delete s-l1000
A little big for my taste lol, but this I can get with.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will 100% be deleting the spare off the back asap. When I take it off road it'll go behind the rear seats in the 4 door. Otherwise I'll wait for a tow if need be. Big fan of the look.
??? Please tell me youā€™re at least going to get some kind of heavy duty tire hold down system so that the spare isnā€™t bouncing around back there lol

Sponsored

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

??? Please tell me youā€™re at least going to get some kind of heavy duty tire hold down system so that the spare isnā€™t bouncing around back there lol
Oh most definitely! Hahaha

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, not to mention if there is, (God forbid) an accident and the tire hits you in the back of the head. I hope the tire you permanently have in your backseat is secured in some manner if it lives back there.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Then have fun replacing your TPMS in that tire too. Like I said to each their own, but not gonna be me waiting on the side of the road for a tow.

Edit: Just read an article that said fix-a-flat may be okay for some TPMS now, but still not gonna take that chance when Iā€™m given a full size spare to work with.
My car came with fix a flat and tpms - so if they trust it - I would too, otherwise it is a warranty issue with fix a flat. Probably need 2 cans for 35" tires. If it comes down to it - you need to unmount the tire - clean it out really well and remount.

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly, tire on the back is one of the bigger draws for me. Looks rad. It's supposed to be dirty, utilitarian, sparse, and harsh looking.... otherwise why not just get a fancy car SUV

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On one hand we have OP wanting to ditch his spare, and on the opposite end, I am seriously considering buying a Milwaukee 18v 1/2" impact and sockets to keep in the car for the express purpose of changing tires. I've seen two guys at work with flats in the past 2 or 3 months.

I have been VERY fortunate in not getting inopportune flats for a lot of years, but the last two have been pushing my luck in a big way. About a month ago...

Wife caught something in her car that put a big gash in it, about an inch worth, on low profile tires. It must have happened really close to the house as I discovered it when I got home after work and saw her car sitting on the rim. Had to replace the pair of tires.
Fix-a-flat would have done nothing for that one, except make a hell of a mess.

Next one, like a week later, my car picked up something on the way home. The hole was big enough to require two of the cord style plugs. Unsure how Fix-a-flat would have handled that one.
I didn't realize anything was wrong until I got home and heard the leak, tire was just about completely flat at that point. Tread is just about done, so I'm not that concerned about those tires, they are about to be replaced.

To each his own.... I hate not being prepared and being at somebody else's mercy.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure the spare for that EB is on the trailer it rode in on.;) And those CUVs aren't ugly because of the spare, it's the other 98%. I appreciate having a full-size spare on vehicles, but maybe I just have shitty luck... ?

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guy wants to delete the rear spare, let um!

I think the Early broncos looked good both ways, better than a jeep with a delete for sure.

Iā€™m sure some after market company will come up with a nice kit to deal with the camera and brake light. Some insider was talking about blocking some vents so not sure about that.

Also if your buying aftermarket rims and tires, that extra one cost some $$$.

MPGs!

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Then have fun replacing your TPMS in that tire too. Like I said to each their own, but not gonna be me waiting on the side of the road for a tow.

Edit: Just read an article that said fix-a-flat may be okay for some TPMS now, but still not gonna take that chance when Iā€™m given a full size spare to work with.
They've made TPMS safe fix-a-flat for over a decade now.

Whether you have TPMS or not, if you use fix-a-flat, let your tire shop know. It affects how they handle the tire when the change it for you, and they'd rather know ahead of time.
Sponsored