Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve had a thought of eliminating the spare tire from the tailgate. I’m sure some of you have already done that. So my questions are: who has the best solution for this ? Are you pleased with the new look? Any other regrets or concerns? Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Sponsored

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve had a thought of eliminating the spare tire from the tailgate. I’m sure some of you have already done that. So my questions are: who has the best solution for this ? Are you pleased with the new look? Any other regrets or concerns? Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Installed the DV8 option. I love the look and makes hooking up the camper a breeze! Cheers!

Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? IMG_2617
Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? IMG_2616
Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? IMG_2615

Tugger5oh

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following. Getting ready to order new tires and wheels and have been looking at tire carrier solutions. Thinking a spare tire delete would be a better option for my use case plus I would save some money. LOL

Personally like the look of the Agency6 delete kit

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the Fab4 Spare tire delete. Was a good setup and allowed me to have two Roto Cans attached. I took it off because I put my spare back on.

Will be putting it up for sale in the sale section when I get around to making the post lol.

Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? 1709238743766

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tugger5oh

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed the DV8 option. I love the look and makes hooking up the camper a breeze! Cheers!

Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? 1709238743766

Did those small hole plugs come with the kit? I don't like how most kits don't address the tire bumpers. CMM Offroad makes cool aluminum hole covers for Jeeps and I reached out to them about the Bronco yesterday. Pretty sure they hadn't considered it until I asked the question but don't see why they wouldn't work with different hardware.

My second thought is using bumperplugs.com. They make make paint matched plugs and looks like they have race red as an option.

Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? CMM Offroad

Coralhead

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
So there is no concern for the need of a spare tire in case of one going down?

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So there is no concern for the need of a spare tire in case of one going down?
I personally carry a plug kit and air compressor with me, and the tools required to reseat a tire if needed. I've never had to use either, but I have instructions printed out in my recovery box with pictures (because I'm a simple minded person) if I need to figure it out on the fly.

Now that I own a camp trailer, I'm looking at a spare delete to remove some weight from the back, as well as not having to take the tire off and put it back on every time I use my trailer. (I won't use extensions)

Coralhead

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Base Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I personally carry a plug kit and air compressor with me, and the tools required to reseat a tire if needed. I've never had to use either, but I have instructions printed out in my recovery box with pictures (because I'm a simple minded person) if I need to figure it out on the fly.

Now that I own a camp trailer, I'm looking at a spare delete to remove some weight from the back, as well as not having to take the tire off and put it back on every time I use my trailer. (I won't use extensions)
I guess I was thinking road hazard damage that is non repairable with a plug/ pump.

Sponsored

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went through the same process. I printed a photo of all the options and had the family give their input. I had two criteria: I did not want a visible wire loom into the small opening, and I will keep the license plate on the bumper.

The big turning point was when we decided to have it all match the body paint. We felt that it looked better blending in, as opposed to having a big black square on the back. (Powder coat was not an option as the guy did not have the colour matching powder and the minimum charge to order a box was too high).

In the end I chose SRQ Fabrications. Personal preference, nothing more. The bottle opener is a fun feature but who even drinks from bottles (vs cans)? SRQ were very helpful in getting the paint done before shipping. A $200 upcharge.

Beautiful packaging and I am very pleased with the product. Unfortunately I do not have it installed at the moment. I will hopefully finish in the next week or two (also installing AAL tailgate compressor mount at the same time). I will post when completed.

For those of you who do not understand the spare tire delete, I do have repair kits and a compressor. 80% of my driving is within a range close to home. For the times on a trail, or away from home, I have a "smaller and more manageable" spare that will go in the back - yes, also pulling the rear seats out...(2 dr)

Sorry no photos at the moment.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rpaluch1

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great thinking and I can’t wait to see the finished look. Please post a photo after you get it installed.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I was thinking road hazard damage that is non repairable with a plug/ pump.
I guess if I'm going on a long trip or am worried about it for a specific reason, I could just throw the spare in the cargo area, or in the trailer.
Worst case, I use my roadside assistance 😅

I mean, you're always welcome up keep your spare on, I won't try to convince anyone to remove it haha
It's definitely comforting knowing you've got it.

Mad Max

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With no spare I'd recommend a Safety Seal plug kit (about $50), which is the sticky plugs you jam in to a hole, and a cheap portable compressor. No need for fancy ARB unless you're going to use it all the time. Usually a flat is fixable. For practice, when you're about to replace tires, run a sheet metal screw into a tire in the garage and then fix it with what you carry. It's a confidence builder to know you can do it.
Sponsored