First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For practice, when you're about to replace tires, run a sheet metal screw into a tire in the garage and then fix it with what you carry. It's a confidence builder to know you can do it.
Ok, now I feel dumb for never thinking of that… so simple yet genius.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I was thinking road hazard damage that is non repairable with a plug/ pump.
In the list of parts I should carry for "what ifs", a giant spare in case of a sidewall blowout, is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy down that list. Now that changes if one is going rock crawling.

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did those small hole plugs come with the kit? I don't like how most kits don't address the tire bumpers. CMM Offroad makes cool aluminum hole covers for Jeeps and I reached out to them about the Bronco yesterday. Pretty sure they hadn't considered it until I asked the question but don't see why they wouldn't work with different hardware.

My second thought is using bumperplugs.com. They make make paint matched plugs and looks like they have race red as an option.

CMM Offroad.jpg
Yep! The plugs came with the kit.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I went through the same process. I printed a photo of all the options and had the family give their input. I had two criteria: I did not want a visible wire loom into the small opening, and I will keep the license plate on the bumper.

The big turning point was when we decided to have it all match the body paint. We felt that it looked better blending in, as opposed to having a big black square on the back. (Powder coat was not an option as the guy did not have the colour matching powder and the minimum charge to order a box was too high).

In the end I chose SRQ Fabrications. Personal preference, nothing more. The bottle opener is a fun feature but who even drinks from bottles (vs cans)? SRQ were very helpful in getting the paint done before shipping. A $200 upcharge.

Beautiful packaging and I am very pleased with the product. Unfortunately I do not have it installed at the moment. I will hopefully finish in the next week or two (also installing AAL tailgate compressor mount at the same time). I will post when completed.

For those of you who do not understand the spare tire delete, I do have repair kits and a compressor. 80% of my driving is within a range close to home. For the times on a trail, or away from home, I have a "smaller and more manageable" spare that will go in the back - yes, also pulling the rear seats out...(2 dr)

Sorry no photos at the moment.
please post pics, this is the one I want

Dog

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Personally like the look of the Agency6 delete kit
Well then you are in luck - here's another pic... ;)

Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? agency6a

side view:

Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? agency6b

and this is how I carry the spare when I need it on longer trips: strapped-down on a Wicked Relics Packhorse with rear seat delete:

Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? 65412C41-F2A3-4022-9B72-5E4DDBE3A806

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Went with the fab 4 but the 1 gallon cans were not big enough for me... so I modified the mounts (angled) so I could mount 2 ea. three gallon cans.
Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? gas cans and unicorn

paperboy

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Passport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am ready to report in. The installation was not straight forward in the sense that I was also juggling two other Mods - the JCR tailgate table along with the AAL tailgate compressor. Needless to say there is an order that everything must be done.

The most difficult part was the frustration of receiving incomplete deliveries from both SRQ and especially AAL. Most of the installation time was figuring out why nothing fit, then realizing I was missing items, and then waiting for subsequent deliveries. I was even missing the SRQ instructions. Fortunately, the one YouTube out there was very helpful. Unlike that fellow, I had no issues with the tailgate aligning and closing properly after installation.

We decided to match the SRQ delete with the body paint colour. SRQ did a great job with this custom request. We are pleased with the matching colour and happy we did it. Admittedly the colour match is slightly off but that is more the change in my truck’s colour. Another good wash and wax should take care of that. As a bonus, the colour matching was actually my wife’s idea - she is now more engaged with the Bronco journey with “skin in the game.”

In order to match the 8 black (stock) mounting bolts, I went to the local auto shop and the kind lady colour matched a spray can for me off the Ford colour code. Two coats and then two coats of clear. The paint was strong enough to withstand the socket as I re-installed.

The spare tire bumpers do not bother me. In fact, I like them. If I ever change my mind I would figure out some kind of plug.

The slots for the license plate obviously appear black. I will not put my license in that spot. I’m not sure what I will do with that section, if anything.

Water - I live on the “Wet Coast”. SRQ sends some adhesive foam tape to help with the metal on metal attachments. This tape is a good idea (and necessary) but it creates a slight gap. The water will run straight through on the main body including straight through some built in drains. For the bottle opener I chose to apply some silicone caulking to mitigate the potential water intrusion. I also applied the silicone around the 3rd brake light as that is not a perfect fit.

Most of our driving is local so a spare tire is not a concern. I love the fact I do not have a big tire in the way of everything. Another bonus is that my traditional bike rack fits. A spare will be thrown in the back when venturing further away and off-road.

Hope this helps.
Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? tempImageyExRHU

Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? tempImagec7HNpB
Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? tempImageGdRDJT
Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? tempImage7CL8A8
Ford Bronco Spare tire delete - best options? tempImage5qBmEv