Sponsored

Speaker pods... IAG vs Mabett vs SSV vs ?

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I added the 6.5 SSV worx and kids in the backseat say its a big differnence. I also have the stinger box with the 12 on the tailgate. And swapped all factory speakers on dash.
Sponsored

M_Burdge

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Full speaker upgrade - Kickers all around. Got the SSV pods as the Mabett pods were not available at the time. Added the sub back in and Forscan to change the speaker configuration to include the sub. Kicker 200.4 amp. Added as well - but I don't view it as critical to the rest of the upgrades to get better sound.
Significantly better sound, particularly with top down.

Multiple threads with greater details, etc.

Good luck!

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I installed the Mabett ones with the Kicker KS Series speakers. Easy install!

I do believe the Mabett ones and the IAG ones are made by the same manufacturer.

As for the SSV, I simply didn’t care for the design. I preferred the OEM+ look of the Mabett ones.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just installed the Mabetts with some kicker speakers this evening in my 4 door. A bit of a difference in sound…much better than the stock speakers. Was eyeing the SSVs for a while, but Mabetts were in my budget and they had a good discount for Black Friday. Was an easy install overall.

The speaker pods from Mabett come with extra spacers and brackets to fit the 2 door if you have one.
Same! I got the Mabetts on Black Friday and kicker speakers as well. I actually left the Mabett cover off the pod and used the grill that came with the speaker. With the forscan change I’m very happy with the improvement.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello.

I am looking to upgrade my audio and it looks like to me the IAG pods are the same exact pods as Mabett sells. (SSV is obviously something different.) I was wondering if anyone can confirm/deny if those are the same pods, and also if you had any good or bad experiences you'd like to share. Thoughts on other pods I'm not aware of would be good, too. Anything you'd like to share about any of them is welcome!
IAG and Mabett are both made at the same manufacturer in China. All of the IAG U-line and Mabett parts are from the same place. Neither of these two manufacture their own parts.

Reactions: bek

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went SSV and their speakers to keep the install easy. Basic bolt them up and connect the wires. I had the top off and made for a very easy installation. I also did the Forscan change. I have nothing to compare it to but I am very happy with the results.

Here they are in my two door.
Ford Bronco Speaker pods... IAG vs Mabett vs SSV vs ? tempImageqn4qY3

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello.

I am looking to upgrade my audio and it looks like to me the IAG pods are the same exact pods as Mabett sells. (SSV is obviously something different.) I was wondering if anyone can confirm/deny if those are the same pods, and also if you had any good or bad experiences you'd like to share. Thoughts on other pods I'm not aware of would be good, too. Anything you'd like to share about any of them is welcome!
IAG "I line" is the same as Mabett

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
IAG and Mabett are both made at the same manufacturer in China. All of the IAG U-line and Mabett parts are from the same place. Neither of these two manufacture their own parts.
While our I-line of products are not manufactured by us, not all of our I-line parts come from the same manufacturer nor do they all share the same exact features and functions as Mabett's products. We work a little bit differently in that we will make some crucial changes to those products prior to releasing them out into the market as needed. Sometimes those changes are exclusive to us, and sometimes they trickle into other resellers' products.

We also have a full line of products that we manufacture in our Westminster, MD facility and we continue to develop new products for us to manufacture here as well as investing in a brand new building to house our 500 foot fully automated powder coating line and offroad distribution center.

Ford Bronco Speaker pods... IAG vs Mabett vs SSV vs ? 1701351600335

Last edited:

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While our I-line of products are not manufactured by us, not all of our I-line parts come from the same manufacturer nor do they all share the same exact features and functions as Mabett's products. We work a little bit differently in that we will make some crucial changes to those products prior to releasing them out into the market as needed. Sometimes those changes are exclusive to us, and sometimes they trickle into other resellers' products.

We also have a full line of products that we manufacture in our Westminster, MD facility and we continue to develop new products for us to manufacture here as well as investing in a brand new building to house our 500 foot fully automated powder coating line and offroad distribution center.

Ford Bronco Speaker pods... IAG vs Mabett vs SSV vs ? 1701351600335
Ok, let me rephrase.... Most of your I-line products are the same as 90%+ of everyone else that buys from the same manufacturer. Yes, there are some that are tweaked to your specs, which make them exclusive to you, but it is mostly buying power that make them exclusive. Yes, I know you make some of your stuff (Subaru engine stuff), but please tell me, what have you actually made in "your" factory" for the Bronco?? Let's see how honest you are.....
The main thing that aggravates me and most Canadians is that a $10US part from you or anyone else turns into a $60 CAN part when it is sold up here. How can you justify charging that much of a mark up when that $10 part with exchange should be $13.50????
When our dollar was worth $1.10US,(2008-9) you didn't see Canadian companies charging people in the US a 400% increase did ya?? Hell, NO. So, why do companies like yours and others that buy from a third country for cheap, set such a high mark up?? greed??
I hope things change in the future where it is fair, but I think that is a pipedream !!!!

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok, let me rephrase.... Most of your I-line products are the same as 90%+ of everyone else that buys from the same manufacturer. Yes, there are some that are tweaked to your specs, which make them exclusive to you, but it is mostly buying power that make them exclusive. Yes, I know you make some of your stuff (Subaru engine stuff), but please tell me, what have you actually made in "your" factory" for the Bronco?? Let's see how honest you are.....
The main thing that aggravates me and most Canadians is that a $10US part from you or anyone else turns into a $60 CAN part when it is sold up here. How can you justify charging that much of a mark up when that $10 part with exchange should be $13.50????
When our dollar was worth $1.10US,(2008-9) you didn't see Canadian companies charging people in the US a 400% increase did ya?? Hell, NO. So, why do companies like yours and others that buy from a third country for cheap, set such a high mark up?? greed??
I hope things change in the future where it is fair, but I think that is a pipedream !!!!
Great question. Anything that is not labeled as I-Line is made or assembled right here in-house. Steps, skidplates, rear cupholder, dome lighting, door hangers, Ez-Lift system, hood strut system, etc. If it doesn't have I-Line in front of the product description you can ensure it is our in-house product. We like to be fully transparent about what is and isn't which is why we designate the difference with "I-Line". We are going to be continuing to add in-house products now that the powder coating line is up and operational as well. That has been our biggest bottleneck at this point. Our previous powder coater simply couldn't keep up with our production capability on our current line of parts that need coating, which is most off-road products.

Welding EZ-Steps

Ford Bronco Speaker pods... IAG vs Mabett vs SSV vs ? 3b1a9970_720

Cutting brackets for EZ-Lift Soft top Assist

Ford Bronco Speaker pods... IAG vs Mabett vs SSV vs ? 1701443587227

Bending skidplates

Ford Bronco Speaker pods... IAG vs Mabett vs SSV vs ? 1701443482496

As it relates to the cost of goods, your best bet is likely to purchase our products from an authorized dealer located in Canada such as Raptor Racing to avoid the import duties and taxes. We don't arbitrarily jack the price up for Canadian customers. We list all of our products on our website in USD, and you won't pay more for the product itself than any other person would other than the exchange rate. Where it hurts is the import fees as well as the shipping cost to Canada which unfortunately is not something we have control over.

Sponsored

the314boss

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great question. Anything that is not labeled as I-Line is made or assembled right here in-house. Steps, skidplates, rear cupholder, dome lighting, door hangers, Ez-Lift system, hood strut system, etc. If it doesn't have I-Line in front of the product description you can ensure it is our in-house product. We like to be fully transparent about what is and isn't which is why we designate the difference with "I-Line". We are going to be continuing to add in-house products now that the powder coating line is up and operational as well. That has been our biggest bottleneck at this point. Our previous powder coater simply couldn't keep up with our production capability on our current line of parts that need coating, which is most off-road products.

Welding EZ-Steps

Cutting brackets for EZ-Lift Soft top Assist

Bending skidplates

As it relates to the cost of goods, your best bet is likely to purchase our products from an authorized dealer located in Canada such as Raptor Racing to avoid the import duties and taxes. We don't arbitrarily jack the price up for Canadian customers. We list all of our products on our website in USD, and you won't pay more for the product itself than any other person would other than the exchange rate. Where it hurts is the import fees as well as the shipping cost to Canada which unfortunately is not something we have control over.
since you guys are responding to this thread, let me ask you a question about a specific piece of kit. i have been waiting for your I-Line TPE 4-door sill protector kit for months now - every time i contact customer service, they tell me "they are coming." can you give me any indication of when they will be available, as i am not going to leave my sills unprotected much longer...

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought the Mabbet/IAG pods. Didn’t change any settings yet so not so much different in sound. One thing I noticed was the lack of holes in the mabbet cover. Really can’t be helping the sound

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
since you guys are responding to this thread, let me ask you a question about a specific piece of kit. i have been waiting for your I-Line TPE 4-door sill protector kit for months now - every time i contact customer service, they tell me "they are coming." can you give me any indication of when they will be available, as i am not going to leave my sills unprotected much longer...
They are scheduled to arrive early next week and will then need to be packaged so I would expect mid to late next week we will make them available for purchase again. Since we are already on the topic of how we operate compared to other resellers dealing with an imported product such as the TPE door sill protectors, I'll give you some insight since this is a great example. We received a large quantity of these to restock quite a few months ago. As we do with every shipment, we inspect the contents to make sure the manufacturer didn't change something without warning or leave anything out which happens far more often than we would like. The shipment arrived with every single package missing the front door sill protectors and only contained the rear.

This is not a knock on somebody like Mabett at all but the reality of how this works. Mabett and many, many others use a process called FBA (fulfilled by Amazon). That means all their products ship directly to an Amazon warehouse and Amazon handles the entire fulfillment and shipping process. In this particular situation, that reseller wouldn't have been aware they were missing half of their kit contents until the complaints start rolling in. If you ever see a product go up for sale on Amazon and then very quickly be removed altogether, something like this has likely occurred. Whereas we have a little more control over the products we are selling and always verify what we received matches the samples we have updated and approved exactly before making them available for purchase.
Sponsored