EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking at the kick panels and now seeing the rear pods, it looks like Ford is using a round speaker. Perhaps 5.25"? My experience and from reading, I think Ford has used 5"x7" oval in many of its vehicles.
Ford Bronco Speaker Size.... Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 10.24.21 AM

Edit: Looks as if Ford is using 6.75" round in Ranger.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Following. Looking to replace factory ones and add an amplifier since my trim doesnt offer lux package.

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, there are a couple threads of people asking...but unfortunately my deep dives have not found anything concrete, just speculation. Ford, to my knowledge, has not listed the specs anywhere.

I would have liked to buy the speakers beforehand to swap out day one. Ford's factory speakers actually aren't horrible...but I was a bass guitarist in a past life...I need some actual THUMP.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, there are a couple threads of people asking...but unfortunately my deep dives have not found anything concrete, just speculation. Ford, to my knowledge, has not listed the specs anywhere.

I would have liked to buy the speakers beforehand to swap out day one. Ford's factory speakers actually aren't horrible...but I was a bass guitarist in a past life...I need some actual THUMP.
yep, I'd love to be able to watch for any deals on quality speakers until delivery.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, let's see if this goes anywhere....

Screenshot_20201113-135441_Facebook.jpg

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Following. Looking to replace factory ones and add an amplifier since my trim doesnt offer lux package.
I have never upgraded a carā€™s features like so many people talk about here.

I have a mid level Edge 2012, the SEL, and have been underwhelmed with the sound from the radio since the day I got it.

whatā€™s involved in making such an upgrade? Iā€™ve seen people say that the touchscreen will be basically not replaceable. But what about downstream from that? What might be involved in adding an amp, and how do you control that, or is it just hardwired into the system between the radio and speakers? Where would it physically go?

can you just swap out old speakers for new or is there some complex bull shit involved? (Digital rights management or some such horseshit?)

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm no expert but you will need an LC7 and a separate DSP amp..... as well as a place to hide said amp. Go with a 2 channel amp so you can amp up the speakers and a replacement sub as the factory will most likely be weak!

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I replaced the 2 pairs of speakers in my current Subaru. The stock ones were laughably poor. The magnets were about the size of a quarter. Terrible. Sound quality was vastly improved but volume was not increased much. I will be letting a pro add an amplifier and new speakers to the Bronco. Want to keep it stock looking.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had ordered the speakers from Crutchfield. They provide vehicle specific master sheets with detailed instructions for installation. Incidentally their site includes a drop down for 2021 Bronco but says no instructions available. They are ready when they get their hands on one.

Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
+1 on Crutchfield for DIY without worrying on whether you bought the wrong harnesses or how to pop off a panel as they have been the experts in that area for a long long time.

But trying to guess on size and/or buy speakers ahead of the release seems risky to me. I would also want to wait for what the aftermarket comes out with to up-size some of the speaker pods to like 6x9's or something from the likely 4" weirdness they are cramming in them from the factory.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had ordered the speakers from Crutchfield. They provide vehicle specific master sheets with detailed instructions for installation. Incidentally their site includes a drop down for 2021 Bronco but says no instructions available. They are ready when they get their hands on one.
this sounds great! Iā€™ve truly disliked for years the radio in my 2012 Edge SEL. Itā€™s just not good. Ok but not good.

But no way in hell that I want to bump up almost $10K from a BlacK Diamond non-Squatch mid - to Lux Badlands. Thatā€™s a lot of money for me. I would like the front locker and disco feature but in no way do I need them.

But I have a hard time committing to another half assed stock radio and speakers from Ford. I canā€™t even get at the B&O from Black Diamond. Now it sounds like I wonā€™t have to!

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nothing back on the Facebook message yet. Contacted them through Instagram as well, same thing. My salesman checked the Ford Factory Dealer Site and he said nothing there about the speaker sizes. ?ā€ā™‚
Sponsored