First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So we purchased Polk speakers for the rear; the only problem how do you get the speaker stay?! The Ford speakers was wide enough to drill in but these Polk ones are not as wide to hold. Any advice here?! Might have to get creative. The Polk speakers are on the left.

373D2891-7AAA-4BF3-819C-4938FD84C6D6.jpeg
Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe a really big washer, would bite enough to hold them in place? Just a thought, I'm sure you probably tried that.

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe a really big washer, would bite enough to hold them in place? Just a thought, I'm sure you probably tried that.
I believe that is what my husband is going to do. We didnā€™t think of that we purchased the Polk audio. Every video we saw, no one said they had issues or had to use washers or drill additional holes. He says I will need an amp, any recommendations?
Add some new holes? Rotate the new speaker a little to get a clean area for new holes. Cover or fill in the old holes.
Thanks. What sucks about these is that the covers that came with the Polk speakers we canā€™t make it fit unless we cut it some.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe that is what my husband is going to do. We didnā€™t think of that we purchased the Polk audio. Every video we saw, no one said they had issues or had to use washers or drill additional holes. He says I will need an amp, any recommendations?

Thanks. What sucks about these is that the covers that came with the Polk speakers we canā€™t make it fit unless we cut it some.
Why are you trying to use the Polk covers and not the factory covers on the pods? Just mount the new speaker in the hole and snap the pod covers back on.

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

There is a good thread out here if you use search on a small kicker amp that can be installed pretty easily and sits inside your dash behind the glovebox or somewhere in there. People are reporting good results. I may look into it as well.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/kicker-key-amp-200-4-install-diy-video-do-this-first.38520/

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why are you trying to use the Polk covers and not the factory covers on the pods? Just mount the new speaker in the hole and snap the pod covers back on.
Because they look cool and I thought they would fit. But no biggie we will just use the factory covers. We ran into a problem with the 6.5ā€ speakers. It did not come with an adapter and we didnā€™t know we needed one until now. The problem is finding one, having a hard time locating one.
There is a good thread out here if you use search on a small kicker amp that can be installed pretty easily and sits inside your dash behind the glovebox or somewhere in there. People are reporting good results. I may look into it as well.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/kicker-key-amp-200-4-install-diy-video-do-this-first.38520/
very helpful! Thank you!

OP
OP
Mariposap75

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because they look cool and I thought they would fit. But no biggie we will just use the factory covers. We ran into a problem with the 6.5ā€ speakers. It did not come with an adapter and we didnā€™t know we needed one until now. The problem is finding one, having a hard time locating one.

very helpful! Thank you!
Well the 6.5ā€ Kickers sounds like crap but the Polk 4ā€ made a world of difference. Will be looking for other 6.5ā€ speakers and a subwoofer. Any recommendations?

Brock9281

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well the 6.5ā€ Kickers sounds like crap but the Polk 4ā€ made a world of difference. Will be looking for other 6.5ā€ speakers and a subwoofer. Any recommendations?
You need an amp to power the 6.5
All will sound like crap unless you power

Sponsored