Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does re drilling the shock mounts higher improve things? The same question for the ower portion of the boxed bracket.
Thanks

I did my signature BMB lift as well....re drilled the shock mounts higher.

I chose 1.5" lift this time (instead of 2") , and will adjust front ride height to match.

I'll cut and reweld the lower portion of the boxed bracket for a 2" increase in ground clearance, next.

20240131_100324.jpg
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does re drilling the shock mounts higher improve things? The same question for the ower portion of the boxed bracket.
Thanks
Provides better ground clearance while also providing some lift. Boxing the bracket provides strength.

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep your eyes on exodus 4x4. I noticed in their last video showcasing portals, the rear axle had no track bar.... They said they have another video coming out on that topic...
I went to order one today and was told they've only sold 5 so far and won't have a version for the Dana 60 until mid summer. BigMeats- will you please get one and let us know how to fabricate brackets to mount their truss? You know you want one :)

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I went to order one today and was told they've only sold 5 so far and won't have a version for the Dana 60 until mid summer. BigMeats- will you please get one and let us know how to fabricate brackets to mount their truss? You know you want one :)
the tube is bigger diameter, and the cast center is both taller and wider...so the part is completely different. there are other truss' available for the 60 that can be fabbed to work. I personally plan on a 3 link, but it will be more difficult to do because of the fuel tank location.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

the tube is bigger diameter, and the cast center is both taller and wider...so the part is completely different. there are other truss' available for the 60 that can be fabbed to work. I personally plan on a 3 link, but it will be more difficult to do because of the fuel tank location

Sponsored

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why and when a 3 link?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the tube is bigger diameter, and the cast center is both taller and wider...so the part is completely different. there are other truss' available for the 60 that can be fabbed to work. I personally plan on a 3 link, but it will be more difficult to do because of the fuel tank location
Not sure if you are thinking a 3 link with triangulated lower control arms or more like a wishbone 3 link.

I personally think a wishbone 3 link is the ticket, My old jeep liberty had one, so simple and so stout. This Rockcrawlers 4 link is already 90% of the way there, not sure why they wouldnt just go all the way to making those arms into one big V (or U, around the fuel tank) with one big pivot above the diff.

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve had it in my cart on their website….ive been hesitant for various reasons (mostly being unsure what I want as a end result for the rear axle/suspension) I was kinda hoping they would send me a discount code to further tempt me….but no such luck. Hahaa

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll add 4 link kit for the Dana 60 to the down pipes for the 2.3 I am waiting to come to market.

TruckCamper

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 on 37s. 2021 Tacoma (manual)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Will the factory driveshaft bolt up the D60?

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Will the factory driveshaft bolt up the D60?
Not with out changes....Options there are spicer driveshaft with 1350 joint, or terraflex D60 CV yoke (fits JLs and broncos) ..or a custom driveline.
Sponsored