Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you have regeared to 5.38s on the back end rather than going to a Dana 60 if you were running 38s?

I wheel on narrow east coast trails and chose to beef up the axles rather than going portals because I didn't want to go wider. I'm curious what drove your decision to not go the portal path and also go with the wider 73".

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Would you have regeared to 5.38s on the back end rather than going to a Dana 60 if you were running 38s?

I wheel on narrow east coast trails and chose to beef up the axles rather than going portals because I didn't want to go wider. I'm curious what drove your decision to not go the portal path and also go with the wider 73".
Yes I regeared to 5.38 when I still had 37s...but quickly switched to 40s afterwards.

I decided I want more wheel travel over ground clearance...all of the long travel setups need a wider front A-arm(s) including the Braptor, So when I needed to order a new rear axle, I decided to order the wider version to match a wider front. Got the Braptor UCAs, longer axles, new CV boots, and ICON tie rod spacer lined up now and still waiting on Braptor LCAs...
my overall width or track width will be less than a Braptor because the knuckles are different.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes I regeared to 5.38 when I still had 37s...but quickly switched to 40s afterwards.

I decided I want more wheel travel over ground clearance...all of the long travel setups need a wider front A-arm(s) including the Braptor, So when I needed to order a new rear axle, I decided to order the wider version to match a wider front. Got the Braptor UCAs, longer axles, new CV boots, and ICON tie rod spacer lined up now and still waiting on Braptor LCAs...
my overall width or track width will be less than a Braptor because the knuckles are different.
Are you able to use stock Braptor axles or getting something custom made?

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Are you able to use stock Braptor axles or getting something custom made?
I don't want to use stock Braptor CV axles...they have less spline and are smaller than my spicer upgrades, and they have the ultra stupid vacuum activated hub disconnects...built onto the CV axle...NO THANKS.

found a custom 35 spline cut - to- length 4130 axles ....so I bought em.

Sponsored

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you please explain what this part does and when it is beneficial?

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Triangulated 4-link will allow you to loose the track bar….
Thanks. Why do I want to loose the adjustable track bar that I just installed as part of my lift kit?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Why do I want to loose the adjustable track bar that I just installed as part of my lift kit?
Due to circular motion of the track bar. It's good enough, but the 4 link triangulated suspension only allows the axel to go up and down perfectly. Less of that rear sway.

Last edited:

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
razorback pretty much covered it. As the suspension cycles the track bar tends to pull the axle side to side….especially if it is already at an angle from a lift.

Sponsored

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is RK the only option for a 4 link right now? Has anyone from the forum installed one yet?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is RK the only option for a 4 link right now? Has anyone from the forum installed one yet?
Check out Exodus 4X4, they did a youtube video on it.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If track bar is level then there is very little lateral motion due to the length of bar and small angular motion.
True, with only 1.5 " lift It's hardly noticeable. I've owned some factory 3 links that I modded a bit...and the ride, handling and articulation was FANTASTIC. I'll go this route eventually.
Sponsored