Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco, 16 F250, 66 F250, 68 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I noticed on my test drive that the owners manual lies. It says stabilitrac is disabled if you hold the button Down. However it is not.

Is there a forscan setting that can shut stabilitrac down? Preferably not permanently. I'm ok with systems on but when I want to play I want to play.

On my f250 i hot wired it so to speak. By disconnecting the left front abs sensor it kills all nannies. With a little relay wired in line on the abs sensor i can Flip a switch and shut things down or turn them right back on. Anyone know if the bronco can be tricked in the same way.
Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I noticed on my test drive that the owners manual lies. It says stabilitrac is disabled if you hold the button Down. However it is not.

Is there a forscan setting that can shut stabilitrac down? Preferably not permanently. I'm ok with systems on but when I want to play I want to play.

On my f250 i hot wired it so to speak. By disconnecting the left front abs sensor it kills all nannies. With a little relay wired in line on the abs sensor i can Flip a switch and shut things down or turn them right back on. Anyone know if the bronco can be tricked in the same way.
i am pretty sure if you disable any of the sensors you will disable any stability programming, along with traction control and your entire abs system. these systems look for synchronization of wheel speed to sense what stability measures should be taken. so yes unplugging the abs sensors will disable the system. on my toyota, locking the differential does the same thing... there are also buttons on the dashe which do it also.

OP
OP

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My point is those buttons on the dash do not do what you think they do. Also disabeling a random sensor may not accomplish the main goal. Ford will work in failsafe. For example on my f250 pulling the abs fuse and/or abs motor pump fuse will not kill stabilitrac. It still works but at a reduced efficiency because it is fully via spark and throttle cut since abs activation is no longer available.

Looking to find out if there is a true known way to fully shutdown the system.

Allegedly on trucks the left front and sensor is THE one to pull by design to disable the systems. I did not experiment with other sensors since the left front worked. Hope the bronco has a similar set up.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On my FE the stability control is disabled when you hold down the traction control...a notice on the dash will appear stating ”turning stabilitatrac off” with bars across the bottom that continue to light up while you hold the button down.

I tried it and did a few donuts in a gravel parking lot in 2WD. It seems to me like it is completely turned off .

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tried it again this morning in 2wd on wet pavement...gave it full throttle while in a tight turn, and it lit up the rear tires and promptly kicked out the ass-end into a slide. I stayed on the skinny pedal purposely long enough to let er spun a full 180 degrees around before steering into the slide and correcting.

One you push the traction control button again a notice come on saying that advanced-track is now active.

Be CAREFUL with this system deactivated, as the 2dr will swap ends faster than you might be ready for! Great for donuts or showing off or roosting gravel or mud, but otherwise I'll keep the system on at all times. The ford system seems to work EXTREMELY well when push HARD in slippery corners! I think it works as well as the system in my porsche, which has set the standard a few years back.

It's almost impossible to screw up a turn that the system cannot adapt for...you can go into a sharp corner way faster than seems possible and the system with alter the throttle, brakes and steering to somehow keep from slipping or sliding. Amazing system!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting. Glad to hear that yours seems to have fully disabled.

I didn't try a donut on a slick surface. It was a power slide on dry payment so speeds were higher. For sure the system pulled power even though I held the button Down as you described.

I'll find out for sure in a century or two on my own truck when my order gets built.

Thanks for the feed back.

EcoJuice22

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the goat mode might also have some influence on how much freedom you get with stabilitrac turned off.

In slippery mode I went through some deep snow and traction control kicked in. In sport mode it just let me keep going without cutting power.

OP
OP

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can state for sure it stabilitrac is full off when it says it is. Can’t wait for some snow accumulation!

after reading about how the 2.7 limits power in first gear I think that is what I was feeling on my test drive. With my 2.3 manual there is clearly no driver Nannie’s working while doing things slideways.

OP
OP

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to retract some of my last post. Systems are still on when disabled. However it is on in an odd way that I have never experienced before from any other car.
so with stablitrac off one can do donuts untill they puke. High Speed power slides no problem. Burnouts are a piece of cake. The unique thing is if one tire spins excessively TC will stop the party. Great for off road especially for guys like me without a locker. But no fun if your goal is a big one wheel peel smoke show.
I can see the point of it for an off roader with an open diff. I find it interesting since on tire spinning is stable but the tc tries to get both spinning. When this occurs there is a slight power cut and feels like brake is applied.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have to retract some of my last post. Systems are still on when disabled. However it is on in an odd way that I have never experienced before from any other car.
so with stablitrac off one can do donuts untill they puke. High Speed power slides no problem. Burnouts are a piece of cake. The unique thing is if one tire spins excessively TC will stop the party. Great for off road especially for guys like me without a locker. But no fun if your goal is a big one wheel peel smoke show.
I can see the point of it for an off roader with an open diff. I find it interesting since on tire spinning is stable but the tc tries to get both spinning. When this occurs there is a slight power cut and feels like brake is applied.
My guess this is done to protect the diff and other parts from the abuse you described.

OP
OP

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. It is to satisfy lawyers who chase ambulances.
the diff can handle one wheel spinning up no problem.
Sponsored