indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just press the button they say. I'm going to wear out the button having to press it every time. Sport mode isn't a fix because I will just wear out another button. Ford makes you acknowledge that you want to remain in that mode every time you start the vehicle. I just don't know why Ford doesn't just let you get in and drive with the settings you left it in.
Agreed. Just do this, just do that, every time I get in the vehicle. Plus I have three other household members having to just do this or that on startup. No. I should be able to set and forget. I don't want to be messing with buttons or dials on every start up, because I shouldn't have to.

Or spend hundreds of dollars on Ford software that allows ASS to stay off. Not doing that either, especially given I'm satisfied with the stock performance and also have no inclination to run expensive premium fuel either.

At least via Forscan, I was able to make the last used headlight setting remain same on startup, along with some other things. That's been an improvement. I'd like to be able to have the dash screen always go dark after startup, if that is possible, rather than having to manually turn it off, haven't looked much into that yet.
Sponsored

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is awesome. After installing does the ASS button light up saying the feature is disabled? Or does it remain unlit?
Basically the device remembers the last setting and pushes the button for you. The button continues to illuminate/function as you would expect, which enables you to return to stock enabled functionality when/if desired.

Melzingah

Badlands
First Name
Blakeley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basically the device remembers the last setting and pushes the button for you. The button continues to illuminate/function as you would expect, which enables you to return to stock enabled functionality when/if desired.
I mean, this just seems perfect.

- Don't have to remember to turn it off every time
- Don't mess with Forscan
- Remembers last setting so I can turn it back on whenever I want
- Continues to light up when it's activated and stays off when it's not

Can whoever made this thing make more things like this to make my life easier?

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just run it in sport mode. A.S.S. is disabled in sport mode.
I added sport mode to my Badlands and it disables it.
Thx for this tip.
Once again, I don’t need the government/auto industry saving me from myself!
Just run it in sport mode. A.S.S. is disabled in sport mode.
I added sport mode to my Badlands and it disables it.
thx for this tip.
I don’t need the government/ auto industry saving me from myself!

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for asking the question. I have a 2023 and also could not get the auto start / stop to take.
Same here - ‘23 7MT and could never get the Forscan disables to work. I tried it half a dozen different ways.

Ended up going the ProCal tune route mainly for ASS and that was money well spent. I mean, if I was going to spend money on it may as well get some bang for that buck.

Sponsored

DeepBronco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Procal tune.... Dealer installed (pushed the button) for free.... ASS stays where I left it until I disconnect battery... Tested and checked.... Kind of nice seeing the ASS button showing "off" every time I start the Bronco.
Do you take it back to the dealer if you disconnect the battery?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Do you take it back to the dealer if you disconnect the battery?
AAAHHHH....No... I just reconnect the battery. So when I reconnect the ASS is set to on.... I turn it off and it stays off until I either turn it on or disconnect the battery again.

I see this as a side (bonus) benefit of getting the tune. The reason I got the tune was for the transmission shifting reprogram and the torque management delete (or at least minimization). The other side benefit was a slight addition of horse power and torque. It is not significant but enough to feel by the seat of the pants. Does not make it a race car by any means. But removing some of the torque management and changing the shifts in the automatic was the main purpose and well worth the money for me.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never felt like the Bronco needed more power so the Ford Performance Tune wasn't of interest to me. Installed https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2021-ford-bronco-autostop-eliminator and never looked back at that button again.
There's another A.S.S. eliminator at about 1/2 the cost. It's been mentioned on this forum before.
https://www.amazon.com/Eliminator-Bronco-Automatic-Disable-Canceller/dp/B0BG2L8GJZ
or
https://www.amazon.com/Eliminator-Bronco-Disable-Canceller-Badlands/dp/B0BP9VGF4Y

Y2KFirehawk

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP

BitingClown

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I appreciate the input from everyone! The eliminator seems like it might be an option, but I really wanted to get this done without more money spent.

Unfortunately I just received this email reply from the FORScan support team.

"Hello,

Sorry, the trick with disabling Stop/Start in PSCM doesn't work on 2023+ Bronco. It seems Ford blocked this configuration parameter in the firmware.

--
Regards,
FORScan Team"

So, it appears that it's not an option, at least for now, with the use of FORScan. This is unfortunate.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future! I will be sure to update, if I find a a fix.

Sponsored

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got the one off Amazon and it works great. The trail leader at super celebration is the one that told me about it.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just press the button they say. I'm going to wear out the button having to press it every time. Sport mode isn't a fix because I will just wear out another button. Ford makes you acknowledge that you want to remain in that mode every time you start the vehicle. I just don't know why Ford doesn't just let you get in and drive with the settings you left it in.
I don't thinks its a Ford specific thing. I know I read somewhere that the government mandates that all vehicles have to return to factory settings upon a key on/key off cycle. Ford preempts this by asking if you want to go back to your old settings. I know California testing requirements are like this. It has to be tested in the factory default conditions.

Boostedblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2011 F-250, 2004 Ranger 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tried Forscan for hours. Watched countless hours of YouTube videos, bought the correct OBD2 to connect to my laptop. My wife helped and eventually I said screw it. So I bought a Superchips Flashcal. plugged it and only took a couple minutes to make the changes I wanted. it its straight forward and way less complicated than Forscan... atleast for me it was.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to start the vehicle and drive. Not press extra buttons. Thanks though.
Do you have a factory trailer hitch? Has anyone tried the F-150 trick? (plug an extra brake light into the 7-pin and the car thinks it's towing so turns off ASS, no buttons required.)
Sponsored