Sponsored

Auto Stop/Start Disable (FORSCAN Method)

LSOR

Heritage
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That puts a DTC in your system and you’ll have the clear the message each start.

Disable it in ForScan in the PSCM.
Have you been able to disable it there successfully?
Sponsored

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That puts a DTC in your system and you’ll have the clear the message each start.

I just posted this question in another thread, i dont see “PSCM” listed as a module when connected to the truck… am i missing something?

LSOR

Heritage
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yes everything I submit I have tested myself first unless explicitly stated. Doing this method I still have yet to receive any messages on the screen about it being disabled, only the telltale icon (greyed out).
Awesome! I appreciate the info!

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Are you loading from a saved configuration when you start up ForScan? Sometimes you need to hit "new vehicle" so it can re-scan and load all modules. Make sure you're keyed up (engine not running) and everything is calmed down from the initial boot up then run ForScan
Starting it up as new vehicle did the trick, thank you!

LSOR

Heritage
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yes everything I submit I have tested myself first unless explicitly stated. Doing this method I still have yet to receive any messages on the screen about it being disabled, only the telltale icon (greyed out).
which string is for auto start stop?

Sponsored

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disabled Auto Start Stop through Forscan but it is not a very elegant solution. It "tricks" the system by modifying the "Charging System". So every time I start my vehicle, I get a message on my dash that says, "Charging System Service Soon". I have to manually press OK to get rid of the message.

I wasn't comfortable with this solution because if there is ever is a problem with the charging system, I would not know about it because of the false positive message that I get every time I start the Bronco. So I removed it in the hopes that a better solution will soon be found.
Just an FYI for an update...

The latest Forscan does provide the "better solution" that I was looking for. As shown in the spreadsheet, if you update PSCM 730-03-01, the Auto Start/Stop is disabled as expected. There are no other warnings that have to be dismissed. I'm very happy with this solution.
Sponsored