2023 Disable Auto Start Stop Forscan Mod didn't work

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I would like to disable the auto start/stop. I did the forscan modification (PSCM 730-03-01 to 00 was 02 initially) but it didn't permanently disable it. Is there something else I can do? Is there another place that a module address that needs to be changed?
Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From what I understand about forscan is it is not permanent when you have certain vehicle updates that takes place. That some updates revert those changes back to oem.

That is one of the reasons I did the SuperChips flashcal over rides. But flashcal isn't 2023 model yr compliant.

OP
OP

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What are my options to permanently disable this feature?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would like to disable the auto start/stop. I did the forscan modification (PSCM 730-03-01 to 00 was 02 initially) but it didn't permanently disable it. Is there something else I can do? Is there another place that a module address that needs to be changed?
Are you certain you did everything correctly?

Sponsored

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the 2023 MY the previous Forscan way does not work. I don’t know of a work around yet

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got something similar to what Herbie posted. I haven't installed yet because my dealer has to rip my dash apart to get a new TCU installed.

OP
OP

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So nothing else I can do through forscan I have to purchase something else?

Sponsored
OP
OP

F2502017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nothing else just buy the auto start stop eliminator?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Auto Stop Start Eliminator. I installed it today. Had a bitch of a time getting the HVAC control panel out. Finally finessed it out. Installed the Eliminator, cycled the ignition as shown in the video and no bueno. My setting for Auto Stop Off did not hold. The switch still works as it did before the install but the hold up circuit is not maintaining my choice. Left them an Email message after their closing time so I figure I will hear back from them on Monday. Just chaps my hide that I have to take that damn dash apart again.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I realize this won’t work out for a lot of people due to HVAC preferences, particularly those in hot climates who have to blow max A/C through the front vents, but if you are like me and your HVAC system is set to blow through the dash vents like defrost most of the time, then that overrides the auto start/stop function and the vehicle remembers the setting.

Press the Max defrost button and then simply turn the knob down to the desired temp setting and adjust the fan speed however you want it. That will override the auto start/stop and it will stay that way until you change the HVAC setting.

Hope that helps someone out

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Auto Stop Start Eliminator. I installed it today. Had a bitch of a time getting the HVAC control panel out. Finally finessed it out. Installed the Eliminator, cycled the ignition as shown in the video and no bueno. My setting for Auto Stop Off did not hold. The switch still works as it did before the install but the hold up circuit is not maintaining my choice. Left them an Email message after their closing time so I figure I will hear back from them on Monday. Just chaps my hide that I have to take that damn dash apart again.
I'm sorry to hear that Lou, I don't think I have heard of anyone having that issue over the past year and a half. I wonder if they sent a bad unit.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry to hear that Lou, I don't think I have heard of anyone having that issue over the past year and a half. I wonder if they sent a bad unit.
Thanks - I seated both sides of the connector and heard them click. Might just be a bad unit. We shall see.
Sponsored