Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, BMW M850i - both green /love
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey, since the standard Bronco Auto Start-Stop disable way via Forscan is not working on Raptor, I started to dig in.

Found this on various F150 Raptor forums, where the problem is the same. Apparently, on Raptor, removing Auto Start-Stop is only possible by disabling the Battery Management System. Then, there are two optional parameters. I’m quoting:

Auto Start/Stop Disable - by disabling BMS (Battery Management System)
BCM 726-48-02 x0xx xxxx xxxx
FCIM 7A7-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx (optional - disables switch)
IPC 720-01-01 xxxx 1xxx xxxx (optional - disables stop/start message center in the trip/fuel IPC menu)
Here is an additional explanation posted by F150 Raptor owner called FLG2Raptor.

The BCM Change disables the BMS (Battery Management System). Because BMS is disabled, the A.S.S. (Auto Start/Stop) will NEVER engage regardless of whether the switch is on or off. With BMS disabled, the PCM doesn't know the actual condition of the battery and therefore tells the A.S.S. not to engage because the battery needs to charge.

With the BCM change, even turning the A.S.S. on with the switch the A.S.S. will never engage.
I will proceed and try this next week and will report back, if this works for Bronco Raptors.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

subscribing. Does the OBD bypass not work either?

OP
OP
Bojler

Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any luck?
I have not done it yet. Trying to find out, what else will be affected.

This is a quite detailed explanation, also posted by FLG2Raptor.

BMS began showing up in Fords in 2011 as a system to monitor the condition of the battery. The BMS detects when the battery is failing or getting weak. It also plays a role in keeping the battery from being over charged.

The BMS establishes a base line for the battery when the vehicle is off (BMS needs 8hrs of vehicle undisturbed off time to establish the base line of the battery. This is important if you ever have to replace the battery).

Once the BMS establishes the baseline of the battery, it can then detect when the battery is getting weak overtime. This is especially important for the A.S.S. feature because the starting of the vehicle is the BIGGEST draw on the battery. Couple that draw with accessories running while the engine is off and that's an even bigger load and wear on the battery when the starter engages.

Turn your truck on and off multiple times in a short period of time, the battery doesn't get enough time to fully recharge.

Cycle multiple heavy loads (Starting the engine) over and over and it wears on the battery. The BMS monitors and keeps a history of all of that.

The BMS monitors the health of the battery and will stop the A.S.S from engaging if the battery isn't fully charged or is getting weak.

The BMS does not determine voltage output of the alternator. The PCM does. PCM tells the voltage regulator (which is built into the alternator) what voltage to output and maintain.

If the PCM tells the voltage regulator to output 14volts that's what the alternator does. Turn off all of your accessories and you get 14volts. Turn on ALL the accessories including all of your added lights and you'll still get 14volts, but the current output of the alternator with a full load is increased to supply power for the additional load to keep the system at 14volts. It's Ohm's law.
This part is behind my hesitations:
plays a role in keeping the battery from being over charged
Trying to find more details.

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What happens if you pull fuse 210?

Body control module start/ stop.

Sponsored

kpecks

Wildtrak
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2023 Wildtrak 4dr Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any update to this??

OP
OP
Bojler

Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any update to this??
I decided not to do it via the Battery Management System.

However, I will try to pull the fuse 210 as suggested above. Did a similar thing a few years back with 5-series BMW and it worked, so why not :)

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
subscribed! Wonder what else that fuse controls if anything?

BigShasta

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands LUX, Squatch, Hard top, Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why won't the module behind the button work for the raptor. I thought it essentially just "pushed the button" for you each time the vehicle was started. Does the raptor not have the button like my badlands?