Sponsored

Stand Alone Hard Tops for Sale? (OEM or Aftermarket)

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And no real images yet. All I can find is renders.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The biggest barrier from me buying one of these hard tops for $7k is that they have to paid in full now for delivery in 6 months. If they took a 50% deposit they would sell a lot more of these tops.

BFE043A8-D8E5-4FFD-9480-43058DDC6121.jpeg
and worse still - no real world data provided!

Okay, so its a hard top. Neat - what am I getting for $6.3K though?
At this point all I know is that I might be able to go through car washes..

What about sound level? You know, one of the most important aspects?
Zero data. Wont even respond on it. Pretty easy for a company to buy a decibel reader...

@ADV Fiberglass

^Y'all still don't want to speak on this, huh?

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re currently the only player in the game. Can’t expect a lot of extra-mile from them until some competition shows up. Some competition really should show up…

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They’re currently the only player in the game. Can’t expect a lot of extra-mile from them until some competition shows up. Some competition really should show up…
If I knew anything about fiberglass production, I would be all over this like white on rice.
I've scoped out Patriot Fastbacks real world building location and it doesn't appear to require all that much capitol..

Unfortunately I am about as ignorant as you can be to all of that, so I will keep hoping that some other white knight comes along and makes another hardtop

Sponsored

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I knew anything about fiberglass production, I would be all over this like white on rice.
I've scoped out Patriot Fastbacks real world building location and it doesn't appear to require all that much capitol..

Unfortunately I am about as ignorant as you can be to all of that, so I will keep hoping that some other white knight comes along and makes another hardtop
I’m in a similar boat. Recently retired from cybersecurity, though I’m only 42 and have a hard time sitting still, so retirement really just means looking for the next adventure. The idea of entering the automotive world is super appealing. I don’t have any direct experience with manufacturing but I do know people… maybe we should crowdsource the idea :)

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m in a similar boat. Recently retired from cybersecurity, though I’m only 42 and have a hard time sitting still, so retirement really just means looking for the next adventure. The idea of entering the automotive world is super appealing. I don’t have any direct experience with manufacturing but I do know people… maybe we should crowdsource the idea :)
My fiancé's father recently sold his manufacturing business and went into retirement at 50 years old with a ridiculous stack of cash. Last I spoke to him he seemed to be pretty bored and has tired of driving his insane collection of cars he has amassed...

Perhaps I could throw the idea his way? If he was/is intrigued I think we could source a lot of knowledge from the Bronco6G community.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is how it's done, the magic is having an experienced engineering team and manufacturing process team, otherwise you end up with a MIC top.

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any update on this? Bought my soft top in November and love it! But want to also get a hard top eventually as well

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they're not actually shipping the product, they're not in the game either, IMO.

Doobie

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered the one-piece UV-black hardtop.

No new information regarding it but if they are anything like their fenders, I would imagine its a great product. Leap of faith I suppose. @ADV Fiberglass
Sponsored