Sponsored

Are there any aftermarket hard tops available?

PhoenixBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello!

I'm awaiting delivery of my bronco and I'm hard at work trying to find a hard top that fits on a four door! I've reached out to Advanced to see what their build time looks like - which is essentially what's going to drive my decision making. Outside of advanced - is anyone else actually manufacturing tops for these vehicles? I live in Baltimore in a nice neighborhood (or so I thought) and my car was stolen about a month ago - so a soft top is out of the realm of something I am comfortable with.
Sponsored

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base

doink

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLE 350. Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP literally wrote he has security concerns after his car was stolen. Can you not read?
Seemed like he was asking about timing on when he needs a hard top (when is expected delivery), not why he needs a hard top.

Not sure why youā€™re grumpy here.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Do you have a VIN? If not then go see your dealer and add the hardtop to your order. Now I'll add that I had convertibles for years, never had it stolen but a hardtop won't prevent it from getting poached.

As for normal snatch and grabs, If I ever had to park it where I had concerns I just left it unlocked and anything of value put in the trunk, would rather them take what they want vice slashing my top.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello!

I'm awaiting delivery of my bronco and I'm hard at work trying to find a hard top that fits on a four door! I've reached out to Advanced to see what their build time looks like - which is essentially what's going to drive my decision making. Outside of advanced - is anyone else actually manufacturing tops for these vehicles? I live in Baltimore in a nice neighborhood (or so I thought) and my car was stolen about a month ago - so a soft top is out of the realm of something I am comfortable with.
Might want to educate yourself on the delay, after delay, after delay with ADV. Other than a few YouTube influencers, no customers have them yet. I had waited almost a year and cancelled my order - others have waited much longer and still donā€™t have their hard top. Worth reading through this 88+ page thread - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/adv-production-modular-hardtop.57988/

@Turn Offroad has one in the works, which hopefully will be out around December.

Anderson Composite also has one available, however thereā€™s several weeks lead time. Seems to be positive feedback from customers though, so far.

Last edited:

Sponsored

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Black Diamond, Craftsman tractor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello!

Look at this thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/armadillo-designs-aluminum-hardtop.79639/

Armadillo has a nice website, nice looking tops for 4drs like ours, and they are very responsive via email. I'm told they will start shipping out the slantback tops Dec/Jan and the squareback tops in January and after. This is my frontrunner choice. If someone already mentioned Armadillo in this thread, apologies, I didn't see it yet.

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the function of the Jeep Skyactive one-touch roof in my Bronco.

I add this to every hard top thread (since the Modular top from Ford is now a pipe dream)

Someday, someone who makes custom tops will get this and build me one. I'll pony up $7k for a top with that function. They also break down for shipping (hint, hint)

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello!

Besides Advanced Composites, there is Anderson Composites which works through more of a local ā€œpArts supplyā€ network. I live near Boulder, CO and there is a dealer not far that claims they have hard tops in stock. There may be a dealer in your region as well. Check their website for details. There is also a company called ā€˜armadilloā€ that apparently makes hard tops for BRONCO. These are pretty different looking. You might try you tube and search ā€œBRONCO hardtops,ā€ if you havenā€™t tried that. Last time I checked with Advanced Composites (I am in the market, too. Afraid to leve my BRONCO in parking lots at DEN airportā€”big problem with stolen vehicles). ADV composites they said they would start deliveries in January of ā€˜24. I believe they have been slipping previous dates, however, so I am not sure how firm that January date is. Their product looks very well engineered; consequently it is rather expensive. I donā€™t know, but I suspect Ford OEM Hardtops are Hard to come by since they seem to be one of the speed bumps in the production pipeline.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone crucifying Ford and Webasto about hardtops yet the aftermarket isnā€™t doing much better yet šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
+1 For Armadillo Hardtop. I have one on order and I should receive it in Dec. I am looking forward to it.

Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone crucifying Ford and Webasto about hardtops yet the aftermarket isnā€™t doing much better yet šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I really have no business replying to this thread as I have a soft top, butā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.
Ford and Webasto deserve all the criticism they get. What Ford manufactures and what the aftermarket voluntarily chooses to provide are two totally different things. You can not leverage one against the other.
we are three years into production of the Bronco and Ford has yet to fix their hardtop problems. This has nothing to do with what or what not the aftermarketers choose to manufacture.
what Ford has willingly chosen to do is to make a very cheap (but I will admit nicely designed for function) hardtop. I am sure the cost of warranty claims is offset by the increased profit margin on the hardtop.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was heavily compounded by the resin market skyrocketing during COVID due to material shortage in conjunction with the hobbyist demand to make many absurd items to kill all the boredom. The resin market hasnā€™t rebounded and prices have not exactly come down.

Ford destroyed many early defective units which further compounded the availability and associated costs of development in the aftermarket. Get a few defective unitā€™s in the hands of composites folks and they could at least make a mold/plug from them and get a product developed. Starting from scratch would be a daunting task.

Itā€™s gonna suck if the Bronco refresh gets a completely new top design before a high volume mass produced modular top ever makes it into production.

OP
OP

PhoenixBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I opted to cancel my order and picked up a 2 door hard top. I donā€™t need the extra space and I need / want a hard top for Baltimore
Sponsored