Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess it’s different for everyone but I don’t see the point in buying a off-road vehicle and not off-roading it. Granted I see Wranglers with perfect paint and 20” rims all day so that’s not a common sentiment.

I had my H2 going through trails, trudging through deep mud and forwarding 48+ inches of water within a couple months of buying it. It has scratches all down the paint and I love it that way.

I personally don’t care what you do with it, the more pristine off-road vehicles today the more trucks I can rip parts off of in 20 years from the junkyard. But you will never lose that stigma from others that you bought it for a status symbol unless your driving around caked in mud or decked out with USEFUL gear (not the typical look at me jazz on perfectly waxed trucks).

see update pg4
Most people that buy an off road vehicle never take it off road. That's a proven fact.
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do think from a capability standpoint the Sasquatch is an awesome equalizer especially since it will be available in manual.

To me it is cool that someone can do a base with sas and outside of the hydro SBD...and if one adds manual disco's have matching capability and strength in parts.

You can for under 40k have the same off road capability as a 60K+ rig. That is a hell of a spread of bad assery.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the Bronco, I can use it hunting, at my farm, and it’ll be nice at the lake house, but as the VP of a bank, I also need creature comforts for clients.
“Judd, are those gloss black 18s and LED headlights?? Well it looks like we have a deal. <hands over money>”

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If people are getting there feelings hurt about trim levels here, wait until the jeep and solid axel guys out in the real world get ahold of you. It ain’t gonna be pretty. A little ribbing here will get you ready for what’s about to happen out there.

I can't wait for these guys !!!! First words outta' my mouth will be " Let's Go ......... if you think you can keep up" , and just like back in my fox mustang days most will try and many will fail.;)

I remember one guy that had a GMC Syclone ( AWD S-10) and thought he was king of the road. On our way to the drags one day, he was following me, I knew the road like the back of my hand so when I was about a quarter mile from a section that had a large "jump" after a turn, I got him and got him good, I slowed down, he was right on my bumper, I nailed it got some distance between us. Got around the turn, nailed the brakes to slow down, so I didn't bottom out in the "jump", he was far enough behind that he didn't see me do it. As I passed the "jump" I watched in the mirror as he rounded the bend, full boar, after hitting the "jump" it was a shower of sparks and he disappeared in the mirror. When I got to the track and he caught up I said " Thought that thing was AWD and king of the road, I kinda' lost 'ya back there." He reply was " You are F^%$*IN nuts !!" , " Don't ever to ask me to ride with you". I was a real dick in my younger days but I proved a point. He wasn't the king of the road like he thought he was. Bring on the ribbing I got big shoulders.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah I'm not sure who this thread is directed towards. 40k tops is likely the extent of my budget and more than likely keeping it around 36k. If you can afford a 65k bronco, more power to you. No sense in comparing your situation to anyone in here. We're a mixed bunch and all on our own paths. Ever if all you can afford is a base, you're better off than most people in this country. And if you're in this country, you're already better off than most the world.

Last edited:

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve not felt much of that on this forum- maybe I’m missing something- but it is refreshing to not deal with that too much here. I hate to break it to you but there is not not much status gained by spending 70k on a vehicle. Today that is just not that much.
I think the real status is doing more with less. Guys willing to take a base model and put their own effort into it to make it into an off road beast. That impresses me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To the OP - May I suggest a book I read last month?

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life - By Mark Manson
Fortunately I was not the target in the original post. Someone was stroking their ego over someone choosing a WildTrak over a Badlands. I've also seen some others shamed over choosing lower trims but I haven't been personally.

Judd_Skin

Outer Banks
First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
More like leather seats, 12” screen, body colored fender flairs. I’m not downgrading luxuries from my Lariat. When I take the neurosurgeon golfing, I want to do it in style. I also want to be able to easily maneuver around my 1000 acres and get to all of my duck holes on the farm, Or cruise my timber, in the same vehicle.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't care what people use their Bronco for and I could care less what people think of my vehicles besides my wife and myself who spend a good amount of time in them. I've had a jeep for years and of course there are people who are called mall crawlers, I can spot them on the road every day, if that hurts peoples' feelings then sounds like they need to toughen up. I don't think anything different of them, maybe no one has ever invited them out on a trail ride. But I can guarantee you, after that first time, they'll be hooked.

My wife is getting a Badsquatch to use it for its offroad purpose. Sure it'll be her DD but you can guarantee it'll be rock crawling in Moab and here in CO on a regular basis. I have zero concerns off-roading a new vehicle that costs $50k+ and we currently do it with my giant truck and the wife's GC trailhawk. She didn't buy the trailhawk for the red badging and hood decal, she bought it to offroad. Just like I'm not buying a super duty tremor to only drive it on pavement or gravel/dirt fire roads. If our vehicles get pinstripes from branches, so be it. If they get a dent or scrape, those can be repaired. If something breaks, fine, I fix it. I replace more windshields on our vehicles from rocks kicked up on the interstate than I do in part replacements/repairs from off-roading.