Sponsored

Stealth (Hidden) off-road lighting solutions?

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeking hidden or "stealth" solutions for very bright off-road lights. Don't want a clearly visible roof-lightbar or mirror pods. Any suggestions on where to start to look?

as an aside - any practical feedback on the laser lights I'm starting to see available?

In FL with a 2-door Badlands (non-squatch) and loving it so far. This is the next upgrade I'm seeking to commence.

Thanks!
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the modular bumper, you can fit some pretty seriously bright lights in the fog pockets that don't scream look at me. I haven't seen anything more "hidden" than that.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oracle fog light kit

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Seeking hidden or "stealth" solutions for very bright off-road lights. Don't want a clearly visible roof-lightbar or mirror pods. Any suggestions on where to start to look?

as an aside - any practical feedback on the laser lights I'm starting to see available?

In FL with a 2-door Badlands (non-squatch) and loving it so far. This is the next upgrade I'm seeking to commence.

Thanks!
Laser lights are honestly a wate of money. Baja Designs makes them but they are for a VERY VERY selective crowd. Baja racers who are adding these on as additional lights to see at night on the baja race trails. You don't want laser lights. They have such a SMALLL Pattern you'll never use them.

As far as "hidden" lights, well no such thing. Think about it. Unless you have something motorizing out, you don't want a light hidden because then yuo can't use it.

I'd say go with some fog lights. They fit in the modular bumper and are slick/out of the way and you can get a lot of light with one of our packages:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/

With our triple fog kits we let you select what lights you want. So you can really dial in the patterns that you need. Our brackets are made here in the USA from stainless steel + powder coated and we offer a lifetime warranty. That and we include a plug and play harness which makes installation VERY easy.

Ford Bronco Stealth (Hidden) off-road lighting solutions? Diode4

OP
OP
defiant2

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you all for your suggestions and insight! Looks like the "fog pocket" area is my current best (available) bet. I'll check the above items and be back in touch with an update on selection.

I have the mechanical ability of the apes from the intro of 2001 a Space Odyssey... Of the choices 4x4TruckLed's offers at that link, which kit is the most complete (wires to get from fog pockets to the up-fit relay box as I intend to use switches 3-4-5 for these unless the higher output ones are needed, plus bracket install)?

One more question on the front fog combo options: If I wanted one yellow (SAE) fog, plug the most light I can project forward with the the others, which ones do I select? (I'm in FL and most places we wheel are narrow trails with lots of brush close to the "roads.") We do get up to NC mountains though as well. Want as much light as possible to navigate the FL and NC trails, but all from those pockets. (I recognize it would be helpful to have ditch lights by the mirrors, but I don't want the added noise on top of what the brick already makes.)

If I wanted to use the Ford wire going to the tailgate area for switch 6 for a rear facing light, is there a specific light/mount/location that's suggested as well? (for my install "ability"?)

Thanks all again - after spending weeks searching the 100's of posts on this and the other forum, I was in analysis-paralysis... making progress now!

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you all for your suggestions and insight! Looks like the "fog pocket" area is my current best (available) bet. I'll check the above items and be back in touch with an update on selection.

I have the mechanical ability of the apes from the intro of 2001 a Space Odyssey... Of the choices 4x4TruckLed's offers at that link, which kit is the most complete (wires to get from fog pockets to the up-fit relay box as I intend to use switches 3-4-5 for these unless the higher output ones are needed, plus bracket install)?

One more question on the front fog combo options: If I wanted one yellow (SAE) fog, plug the most light I can project forward with the the others, which ones do I select? (I'm in FL and most places we wheel are narrow trails with lots of brush close to the "roads.") We do get up to NC mountains though as well. Want as much light as possible to navigate the FL and NC trails, but all from those pockets. (I recognize it would be helpful to have ditch lights by the mirrors, but I don't want the added noise on top of what the brick already makes.)

If I wanted to use the Ford wire going to the tailgate area for switch 6 for a rear facing light, is there a specific light/mount/location that's suggested as well? (for my install "ability"?)

Thanks all again - after spending weeks searching the 100's of posts on this and the other forum, I was in analysis-paralysis... making progress now!
Each of our kits w/KR Off-Road brackets includes everything you need. 3 Pairs of lights, mounting brackets and our wiring harness (which is almost plug and play)

It's honestly pretty easy to install if you are able to bolt lights onto a bracket and crimp some wires down.

You just select the lights you want from the kit.

30-2007 (non-flush brackets) let you mix/match whatever lights you want so you can install them in any orientation

30-2008 (our flush brackets) force the larger 3" pods to always be inside, and then 2 sets of 2" pods on the outside.

For rear lights, you can grab this kit. Our instructions have you run the harness along the frame rail BUT on my own truck I used the pass-through wire on the passenger side rear. Not sure if it was any easier to be honest, since I still had to get the wire INSIDE: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/2021-ford-bronco-reverse-light-kit-w-baja-designs/

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
(I recognize it would be helpful to have ditch lights by the mirrors, but I don't want the added noise on top of what the brick already makes.)
Just FYI you can use smaller options for the mirror locations, I went with SSC2 Pros with the combo lens since I wanted something lower profile. Have not experienced any additional wind noise in this location, and I may or may not have had it up to ~85mph on this morning's commute.

Ford Bronco Stealth (Hidden) off-road lighting solutions? 46E70814-D74A-44A3-AA69-403902392A78

Ford Bronco Stealth (Hidden) off-road lighting solutions? 122B1990-D1DA-48D1-9971-F4E86C4AF2A4
Sponsored