Sponsored

Step side /running boards for 5 year olds.

gohorns79

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m really diggin the ground clearance on my Wildtrak. But my kids really struggle to get in and out of the rear seats (5 and 8). Anyone in a similar situation? What type of running boards/steps/rock crawlers did you get. I’d like to keep it low profile if possible.
Sponsored

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP
OP
gohorns79

gohorns79

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oof. Those are sick. But pretty $$.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with the GoRhino DSS steps/sliders based on pictures and feedback from the forums here, I'm hoping it will be enough of a ledge for my 4 and 5 year olds without being a shin-killer for myself. If it doesn't turn out to be enough, I'll probably swap them out for the D6 model.

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I added the g6 from gorhino on my lifted sas and my five year old son and seven year old daughter have no problems but the 5ft 2 wife still has trouble lol. You don't lose any clearance sits nice and high just enough to help them step in

Ford Bronco Step side /running boards for 5 year olds. after lift 2 - Copy.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
gohorns79

gohorns79

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I added the g6 from gorhino on my lifted sas and my five year old son and seven year old daughter have no problems but the 5ft 2 wife still has trouble lol. You don't lose any clearance sits nice and high just enough to help them step in

Ford Bronco Step side /running boards for 5 year olds. after lift 2 - Copy.JPG
That does look nice

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

and a added bonus it should stop door dings!!!

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went with the GoRhino DSS steps/sliders based on pictures and feedback from the forums here, I'm hoping it will be enough of a ledge for my 4 and 5 year olds without being a shin-killer for myself. If it doesn't turn out to be enough, I'll probably swap them out for the D6 model.
I put the same on my Wildtrak. My kids are just a few years older and have no problems getting in and out.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put the same on my Wildtrak. My kids are just a few years older and have no problems getting in and out.
Good to hear! Unfortunately mine is in rail yard purgatory about 15 miles from where I sit, so the steps at the moment are holding up the walls in the garage.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to hear! Unfortunately mine is in rail yard purgatory about 15 miles from where I sit, so the steps at the moment are holding up the walls in the garage.
I should have pre ordered. I didn't trust Ford so I waited until mine came in. Got the brackets in a week. Had to wait almost two months for the rails. Have fun attaching the rails to the brackets.

Sponsored

Mauka

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I should have pre ordered. I didn't trust Ford so I waited until mine came in. Got the brackets in a week. Had to wait almost two months for the rails. Have fun attaching the rails to the brackets.
Try Go Rhyno DOMINATOR extreme d1 side steps.
I'm thinking about replace with stock side step to this one too.

Screenshot_20220425-080011_Chrome.jpg

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going to wait, but I had a 4wheelparts coupon code plus a 5% back deal through the credit card, so I ordered them about 6 weeks ago, they arrived about two weeks after ordering.

I haven't cracked open the brackets box yet since I don't trust myself not to lose something, but from what I've seen on installation pictures, would it be possible to loosely thread the brackets onto the sliding blocks in the steps, then support the whole thing on a jack to get it installed on the vehicle?

Also do they do an ok job of stopping the goodyear pebble launchers from pelting the doors, or is there still enough of a gap that mudflaps are advisable?

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was going to wait, but I had a 4wheelparts coupon code plus a 5% back deal through the credit card, so I ordered them about 6 weeks ago, they arrived about two weeks after ordering.

I haven't cracked open the brackets box yet since I don't trust myself not to lose something, but from what I've seen on installation pictures, would it be possible to loosely thread the brackets onto the sliding blocks in the steps, then support the whole thing on a jack to get it installed on the vehicle?

Also do they do an ok job of stopping the goodyear pebble launchers from pelting the doors, or is there still enough of a gap that mudflaps are advisable?
Actually that's not a bad idea. Those brackets inside the step are a pain to try to hold vertical in place and screw in the bolt. They don't sit flush inside and move around and drop very easy. If I had to do it over, I would do what you are suggesting.

The sliders to help with the rocks. I know they are working because there is a distinct ping when a rock hits them. Every once in a while I will hear one hit the side of the truck.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Actually that's not a bad idea. Those brackets inside the step are a pain to try to hold vertical in place and screw in the bolt. They don't sit flush inside and move around and drop very easy. If I had to do it over, I would do what you are suggesting.

The sliders to help with the rocks. I know they are working because there is a distinct ping when a rock hits them. Every once in a while I will hear one hit the side of the truck.
Going to give that a shot then. Might have to get creative with chopping up some junk 2x boards to shim it to sit flat on the jack (and probably restrain it so I can screw around with it without having it fall off).

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Going to give that a shot then. Might have to get creative with chopping up some junk 2x boards to shim it to sit flat on the jack (and probably restrain it so I can screw around with it without having it fall off).
yes, I used a combo of boards, jacks and a home depot bucket
Sponsored