Sponsored

Still using door/top bags when you add/remove them often? Anyone scratched their front MIC pieces by not using bags?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2D BL lux scheduled. I am planning on taking my front MIC and doors off and on a lot. I know the bags are probably mostly for people with 4D and want to throw the doors in the back, but is anyone else out there still using the bags when you take the doors and front MIC pieces off all the time?

For the doors, I was thinking it would be less of a hassle, especially if bags are time consuming to put them on, to simply have a piece of rubber on the side of the garage to throw the doors on when leaving them at home, and not mess with the bags all the time.

For the MIC, I am thinking I will be throwing the 2 front pieces in the Bronco some when I head out and little more worried about scratching those . Do the bags for the 2 front MIC pieces come with the Bronco? Are they easy enough to put on that they do not slow you down by much?
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2D BL lux scheduled. I am planning on taking my front MIC and doors off and on a lot. I know the bags are probably mostly for people with 4D and want to throw the doors in the back, but is anyone else out there still using the bags when you take the doors and front MIC pieces off all the time?

For the doors, I was thinking it would be less of a hassle, especially if bags are time consuming to put them on, to simply have a piece of rubber on the side of the garage to throw the doors on when leaving them at home, and not mess with the bags all the time.

For the MIC, I am thinking I will be throwing the 2 front pieces in the Bronco some when I head out and little more worried about scratching those . Do the bags for the 2 front MIC pieces come with the Bronco? Are they easy enough to put on that they do not slow you down by much?
I have a 4dr and only the front bags. Originally ordered all 4 bags from Ford but they botched my order and sent duplicates.

I’ve been laying the rear doors on a thick tarp in the garage with no issue at all. The bags are definitely convenient for longer term storage, like if you’re going doorless all week. But for a beach trip or day in the woods a tarp is fine!

OP
OP
VailDan

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could put them over the door in 10 seconds, then ubscrew.pull the door lay them down and finish the zip extremely quickly, I might still get them, but saw Northshore Bronco having some issues puttiong them on and immediatly thought it might not be worth it if you are just throwing them in the corner for a day or two and pull them on/off every few days.

With an old wrangle I use to pull the doors so much that I did not even bother with screwing them in each time. their weight plus the fact they are closed was enough that they never went flying off, etc. Keeping the drain plugs always out and the door bolts off was easier on the old Jeeps.
Sponsored