First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife's Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found this Door holder idea on the inter webs for a Jeep and decided to utilize the plans for my 4 door bronco.

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6238.jpg

4 - 10' X1" PVC pipe
 schedule 40
6-1" pipe insulators
 (black foam)
14 - 1" PVC elbows

10 - 1" PVC TEEs
1 - Can of PVC cement

Cut the pipe into 10 - 2 foot sections,
 8 - 4 inch sections, 
and the rest into 1 foot sections. use the images above to copy the assembly. Message me for more info if you have questions.
What is the width of this? The instructions indicate 1 foot sections but it appears to be longer than that and would also need to be in order to mount to the dolly's pictured later. Thank you
Sponsored

RFMETZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if this has been posted and people may not want to spend this much but this is one of the best solutions I've seen on Etsy.

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pretty slick. Do you have the design revised for a 2-door setup? Also, have you found anything similar for the roof and roof panels? Thanks!
No Sorry i didnt mess with a 2 door design. I am sure you can build this style and use 2 of the slots for the roof panels.

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is the width of this? The instructions indicate 1 foot sections but it appears to be longer than that and would also need to be in order to mount to the dolly's pictured later. Thank you
I dont know off the top of my head. I can get pics of measurements later

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the guide! I changed it up a bit and made a rack for just 2 doors. Plan to do another rack for the other 2. More material and cost, yes, but easier to store and move around.
Ford Bronco Door Holders Using PVC Pipe -- When Off vehicle PXL_20220529_192845249
Ford Bronco Door Holders Using PVC Pipe -- When Off vehicle PXL_20220529_214839814
Ford Bronco Door Holders Using PVC Pipe -- When Off vehicle PXL_20220529_214847845.MP

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the guide! I changed it up a bit and made a rack for just 2 doors. Plan to do another rack for the other 2. More material and cost, yes, but easier to store and move around.
Ford Bronco Door Holders Using PVC Pipe -- When Off vehicle PXL_20220529_214847845.MP
This is exactly what I've been thinking. But 2 racks for my 4 door. My space is limited so having to racks will be less bulky. Thanks guys for posting this. I had this plan in my head, but now, all I need to do is copy your specs.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is exactly what I've been thinking. But 2 racks for my 4 door. My space is limited so having to racks will be less bulky. Thanks guys for posting this. I had this plan in my head, but now, all I need to do is copy your specs.
I am mid build on the 2nd cart for the back doors but need more PVC and foam. Building 2 carts needs more material, so you'll need 5 10' sticks of pipe and 8 sticks of foam.
I also made mine a couple inches wider in both directions.

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am mid build on the 2nd cart for the back doors but need more PVC and foam. Building 2 carts needs more material, so you'll need 5 10' sticks of pipe and 8 sticks of foam.
I also made mine a couple inches wider in both directions.
I was just pricing. It looks like PVC pricing has risen so much. It looks like an $80 build, when I was expecting $20. But I can't wait to get started.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just pricing. It looks like PVC pricing has risen so much. It looks like an $80 build, when I was expecting $20. But I can't wait to get started.
The fittings really add up too... I'm over $100 easily for 2 carts.
but I needed somewhere to put my door, and I'm not putting them on the ground or somewhere where the kids can knock them over.

Sponsored

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The fittings really add up too... I'm over $100 easily for 2 carts.
but I needed somewhere to put my door, and I'm not putting them on the ground or somewhere where the kids can knock them over.
Yes. For sure.
Today I made a bag for my window after I take them off. It has a large pocket for the back window, and 2 smaller pockets for the side windows.

I'm still debating on making the door bags after completing the rack. I might just leave that alone.

Is everyone aware that you can take off all the windows without opening any doors, including the back door. Meaning... With your soft top Bronco locked up, the windows slide off with ease in under 2 minutes for all. Even the back window slides off without opening the rear tailgate.......
Not a good security measure.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great Idea I think using those HF dollies ... I want to do the same but something that holds the ROOF panels. !!!
I’m going to put a T connector on the corners of mine and use casters with 1” inserts.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. For sure.
Today I made a bag for my window after I take them off. It has a large pocket for the back window, and 2 smaller pockets for the side windows.

I'm still debating on making the door bags after completing the rack. I might just leave that alone.

Is everyone aware that you can take off all the windows without opening any doors, including the back door. Meaning... With your soft top Bronco locked up, the windows slide off with ease in under 2 minutes for all. Even the back window slides off without opening the rear tailgate.......
Not a good security measure.
That's cool you are making your own bags. I just bought the window bag from Mabett.

I knew about the back window security flaw. Pretty strange I agree. I just took all 3 windows out and put them back in without opening a door...