Sponsored

Stock Black Diamond tires(265/70/17) on standard Badland rims anyone?

Hulk23

Black Diamond
First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door Ford Bronco EG, Scion TC, Triumph Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought a stock badlands rims but I’m happy with my black diamond tires. I will unsilver the machined face of the wheel to mask it a little bit and keep my grabber tires which is just an inch smaller and 2cm narrower than the BFG. I think that will make me less of a Badlands poser, I hope because I am sensitive to mockery or roasting. The steelies are too rugged but I’ll keep ‘em for later.

If you think this is not a good route for a mall crawler, please comment. Or if you are on the same page and already swapped rims, please share photos. I really want to see it on a 2door.

Allow me to share what I have right now. Not seen on picture is a rouse muffler. A different growl but still a bit obnoxious to my taste but it’s there already. Can you tell what other cosmetic changes i have made so far

Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond tires(265/70/17) on standard Badland rims anyone? IMG_4456
Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond tires(265/70/17) on standard Badland rims anyone? IMG_4452
?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hulk23

Hulk23

Black Diamond
First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what I meant for unsilver Badlands wheels. Experimented with a scrap vinyl from my garage. Unfortunately this Avery Satin Hope metallic is unavailable anywhere now. I think this is a good match for the eruption green. It won’t look much of a badlands wannabe or is it? I will end up with unsilvering it with Carbonized metallic grey wrap because that is what is available in my garage.

The wheel in different lighting condition.
Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond tires(265/70/17) on standard Badland rims anyone? IMG_4581
Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond tires(265/70/17) on standard Badland rims anyone? IMG_4580
Ford Bronco Stock Black Diamond tires(265/70/17) on standard Badland rims anyone? IMG_4579

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You could block the wheel up against the stock rims and take a side photo from a distance and get a better idea of what it will look like on the vehicle.

Why not just get some nice 33’s, which would look great on your Bronco, and keep the originals mounted on the steelies? If you decide to get rid of them, you could sell the whole package. It’s a nice upgrade for Base owners, or even a base Ranger…

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. That is some nice work with the Avery tape if that is what I am looking at here. No help on the tires for you, but great work with the tape. Also don't be afraid to be a poser. If it weren't for Posers the G6 Bronco would probably not exist. LOL. It would be Impossible to sustain a market for a vehicle like the G6 Bronco or wrangler just on sales to off-roaders alone.

Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Hulk23

Hulk23

Black Diamond
First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You could block the wheel up against the stock rims and take a side photo from a distance and get a better idea of what it will look like on the vehicle.

Why not just get some nice 33’s, which would look great on your Bronco, and keep the originals mounted on the steelies? If you decide to get rid of them, you could sell the whole package. It’s a nice upgrade for Base owners, or even a base Ranger…
I am actually still debating on that route. Might also have to buy a complete set of TPMS for a quicker swap. But I have to worry about calibrating for the tire size increase. Some devices like forescan don’t have updates that will work on 2023 broncos yet. Thank you for your input.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hulk23

Hulk23

Black Diamond
First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow. That is some nice work with the Avery tape if that is what I am looking at here. No help on the tires for you, but great work with the tape. Also don't be afraid to be a poser. If it weren't for Posers the G6 Bronco would probably not exist. LOL. It would be Impossible to sustain a market for a vehicle like the G6 Bronco or wrangler just on sales to off-roaders alone.

Just my 2 cents.
That’s actually an Avery Vinyl wrap. I used a thin filament edge cutting shape to trim around it.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am actually still debating on that route. Might also have to buy a complete set of TPMS for a quicker swap. But I have to worry about calibrating for the tire size increase. Some devices like forescan don’t have updates that will work on 2023 broncos yet. Thank you for your input.
FWIW, I went from the stock 32" BD tires to a 285/75-17 (33.9") and didn't bother to re-calibrate anything. Six months later, it hasn't been an issue…

OP
OP
Hulk23

Hulk23

Black Diamond
First Name
Ding
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW, I went from the stock 32" BD tires to a 285/75-17 (33.9") and didn't bother to re-calibrate anything. Six months later, it hasn't been an issue…
Good to know. I appreciate your input. Thanks
Sponsored