mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi All,

I've had my Big Bend (4dr/2.3L/AT/non-squatch) for about three weeks now. Nothing bad to report really, other than some marginal fit and finish for the interior materials.

One thing I've noticed, when coming to a stop when almost stopped (literally the last second or so before stopping) it feels like a slight lurch/brake tap happens.

Is this a downshift? ESS weirdness? Brake dive? Just wondering.

It doesn't feel like something is wrong, just odd.

Vehicle has about 600 miles now.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hi All,

I've had my Big Bend (4dr/2.3L/AT/non-squatch) for about three weeks now. Nothing bad to report really, other than some marginal fit and finish for the interior materials.

One thing I've noticed, when coming to a stop when almost stopped (literally the last second or so before stopping) it feels like a slight lurch/brake tap happens.

Is this a downshift? ESS weirdness? Brake dive? Just wondering.

It doesn't feel like something is wrong, just odd.

Vehicle has about 600 miles now.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!
My Explorer, same motor and transmission, has a jerky shift every now and then too. Same place, low load situation. I would say that it is still learning you.

OP
OP
mC.242

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s the trans downshifting. Every 10 speed I’ve ever driven does it.
That's what I was thinking was most likely. This is my first 10A, feels like it's constantly shifting still getting used to it!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Owning two I can say these 10 speeds to have their quirks. My Ranger with 5K miles does the same thing as yours from time to time. I don't even worry about it anymore. If the things falls out in the road, I'll call the dealer to come pick it up. I know if I take it in they'll tell me it's "normal". And, it probably is. The 10 spd in the wife's Mustang has it's own ways of changing gears on a unpredictable schedule. With 11K miles I've had it reprogrammed that helped. The rest of the lazy gear changeing is another thing I quit worrying about. It's got a 7 years extended warranty, so I'm good. Good luck, I hope yours is nothing serious.
Sponsored