Sponsored

Strange random beeping/whine noise when parked!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the past few days, we have noticed that when the Bronco (this one is a new 2023 silver Black Diamond 2-door, 2.7L) is parked, there is a beeping noise from under the hood.

We could be standing next to it, walking by, checking the mail....and then: beep (more like beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep for two seconds, then some random amount of seconds, then again, repeat a random number of times, then nothing).

I'll have to capture it on video...

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
Do you know where there is another posting that mentions something like this?

Do you think it could be the wiper motor dreaming of working like a regular wiper motor someday?
Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All kinds of relay clicks and clacks. Not really any beeping.

I hear a beep when I open the door...

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All kinds of relay clicks and clacks. Not really any beeping.

I hear a beep when I open the door...
Yes, I hear clicks and clacks too - and presumably the fuel pump initialize when opening the door too. This one is just some electronic long beeeep sound when completely off and just standing around or walking by.

Usually seems to happen within an hour of shutting the vehicle off.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's the Bronco trying to talk to you, but you haven't yet received the OTA update that enables human speech so it is still trying to speak dolphin which was enabled in the last update, 76.9.1.2.7.5a, I think it was ;)

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For the past few days, we have noticed that when the Bronco (this one is a new 2023 silver Black Diamond 2-door, 2.7L) is parked, there is a beeping noise from under the hood.

We could be standing next to it, walking by, checking the mail....and then: beep (more like beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep for two seconds, then some random amount of seconds, then again, repeat a random number of times, then nothing).

I'll have to capture it on video...

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?
Do you know where there is another posting that mentions something like this?

Do you think it could be the wiper motor dreaming of working like a regular wiper motor someday?
Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Normal operation, whine noise is probably the louvers rotating to the open position if you have a v6 it’s the electric coolant pump that pumps coolant through the turbo to help with cooling after shut down 😎

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal operation, whine noise is probably the louvers rotating to the open position if you have a v6 it’s the electric coolant pump that pumps coolant through the turbo to help with cooling after shut down 😎
Wow - really - it has an electric coolant pump? I am guessing that is in addition to a standard mechanical pump too.(?)

Does yours making a beeeeeeeeeping sound, like:

beeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeeeeep beeeeeeeeeep
silence for a minute...

Like that?

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah usually it’s more constant
Wow - really - it has an electric coolant pump? I am guessing that is in addition to a standard mechanical pump too.(?)

Does yours making a beeeeeeeeeping sound, like:

silence for a minute...

Like that?
It looks like this, it’s on the front of the motor up top. Usually it’ll run for 30 -60 seconds depends on how hot it is out side. The is just a secondary pump not your main water pump. Back in the day we had turbo timers now they have fancy pumps to do all the work lol.

7A56D057-A3E3-498E-AA7C-8E901278B0B7.jpeg

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow, I always thought the dolphin noises were weird, but they really seemed like the vehicle knew what it was doing. Ford needs to up it's AI game. OP didn't need a direct answer from Ford. We all kinda needed Ford to address the dolphins in the garage. Thanks to the members that gave the noises a name and identified the actual source of the noise.
Sponsored