First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saw this discussion on another thread and decided to try this stream box to see if it would work on the Bronco. 12" screen works pretty good so far.

Notes:

1) uses your phone as a Hotspot
2) apps run on the box, not from your phone (so you have to login on the box to Netflix, YouTube, Hulu etc....)
3) resolution is pretty good but haven't messed with any settings
4) works while driving (of course I don't condone watching YouTube while driving)

Some photos

Ford Bronco Streamtoyourcar Media Box Works on Bronco -- stream / cast / watch videos on factory screen 20221017_113413

Ford Bronco Streamtoyourcar Media Box Works on Bronco -- stream / cast / watch videos on factory screen 20221017_113439

Ford Bronco Streamtoyourcar Media Box Works on Bronco -- stream / cast / watch videos on factory screen 20221017_113756

Ford Bronco Streamtoyourcar Media Box Works on Bronco -- stream / cast / watch videos on factory screen 20221017_113632
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Saw this discussion on another thread and decided to try this stream box to see if it would work on the Bronco. 12" screen works pretty good so far.

Notes:

1) uses your phone as a Hotspot
2) apps run on the box, not from your phone (so you have to login on the box to Netflix, YouTube, Hulu etc....)
3) resolution is pretty good but haven't messed with any settings
4) works while driving (of course I don't condone watching YouTube while driving)

Some photos

Ford Bronco Streamtoyourcar Media Box Works on Bronco -- stream / cast / watch videos on factory screen 20221017_113632

That's neat.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well this is cool! Honestly didn’t really think about something like this. Wonder if it works the same for 8” screens?

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!!

However, as an IT security guy, I'm super, super, duper, super (did I say super) skeptical over the Android build included with this and its origins. I barely trust Google produced devices to not exfiltrate data to China. I had to ditch OnePlus phones because despite whatever settings I disabled they still continued to do it with every button push and tap. I've not seen this behavior with a Pixel.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice!!

However, as an IT security guy, I'm super, super, duper, super (did I say super) skeptical over the Android build included with this and its origins. I barely trust Google produced devices to not exfiltrate data to China. I had to ditch OnePlus phones because despite whatever settings I disabled they still continued to do it with every button push and tap. I've not seen this behavior with a Pixel.
Sorry, couldn't resist!

Ford Bronco Streamtoyourcar Media Box Works on Bronco -- stream / cast / watch videos on factory screen tin-foil-hat-crazy

OP
OP
craq5

craq5

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice!!

You are scaring me now...what could happen? Steal my info from my logins??

Sponsored

emkayw

Base
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had one for almost a month now. Works well but have a couple of issues:

1. Shuts off and has to reboot every time the truck is turned off. Sometimes boots quick, sometimes not at all and have to pick it manually and connect from the menu.

2. Using Google Assistant and CarPlay does not work well. Not a big deal. I have an android phone but not as my primary.

Overall, I really like the product. I use it on a base Bronco with 8" screen. I also have the remote, but it's not the best to use while in motion.

UPDATE: I forgot to add, I have the wifi hotspot setup in the Bronco so the MagicBox uses the truck's wifi. No phone needed.

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Ford Bronco Streamtoyourcar Media Box Works on Bronco -- stream / cast / watch videos on factory screen tin-foil-hat-crazy
LOL. Good one. I'm just blown away that people are paranoid of the onboard modem and apps which are subject to a crapload of regulation, while others are plugging in Android boxes which could be doing ANYTHING.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

threeonone

Badlands