First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 85 Bronco, 80 Bronco, 99F250LD,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I just got back from a week long vacation, did a 2600 kilometer round trip over the course of the week in my 21 OBX. Part way through the trip, I had a bils/cross traffic sensor failure. No biggie, I'm a truck driver, I dealt with the blind spot. On the way home was a different problem. Couple hours from home, I notice I am losing heat, ( no bueno in Canada in January) and my dash has a check engine light, and showing the outside temp to be 58 degrees Celsius. Make it home, took it to the dealer this morning. Turns out somehow a rock had come up and damaged one of the wires for the bils and threw the whole system into chaos. It was to the point where the ambient temp sensor was causing the computer to think it was too hot out and auto switched to A/C to cool the interior. Anyone else had this happen? I may have to fab up some extra shielding if it happens again.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems pretty unlikely that would happen again, just where is this wire that's so exposed?

OP
OP

5.0FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 85 Bronco, 80 Bronco, 99F250LD,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was told it was one of the wires leading to the blind spot sensor on the driver's side of the rear bumper, I haven't had time to look at the repair yet. There is some split loom from the body to the sensor that is exposed to the road. I am guessing it got smacked pretty good for that to happen.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I just got back from a week long vacation, did a 2600 kilometer round trip over the course of the week in my 21 OBX. Part way through the trip, I had a bils/cross traffic sensor failure. No biggie, I'm a truck driver, I dealt with the blind spot. On the way home was a different problem. Couple hours from home, I notice I am losing heat, ( no bueno in Canada in January) and my dash has a check engine light, and showing the outside temp to be 58 degrees Celsius. Make it home, took it to the dealer this morning. Turns out somehow a rock had come up and damaged one of the wires for the bils and threw the whole system into chaos. It was to the point where the ambient temp sensor was causing the computer to think it was too hot out and auto switched to A/C to cool the interior. Anyone else had this happen? I may have to fab up some extra shielding if it happens again.
You should know this, the Broncos are not meant to deal with any types of rock.
Sponsored