Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Placed an order in January. OBX.

i have since got to spend some time in a badlands and decided I would like to change my order to a badlands.

The dealer is telling me that changing my order from OBX to a BL is going to basically start a new order, and place me at the back of the line again.

Is that true? Or is he just saying that so he won't have to do some work and make the changes?
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
One thing is definitely true -- you'll be adding two MSRP price increases to your order if you change trims now.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You will lose price protection for sure. I don’t think you’ll go to back of the line though.

OP
OP
flowingaway

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm seeing this new info emerging that they're going to fulfill all current orders. That's a problem cause I don't want my order to be fulfilled in its current state! I'd really like to change to a Badlands!

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No matter what you decide regarding the rules of engagement, I would only get the vehicle you want. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unless he ordered a soft top, he probably won't get built this year.

Ford didn't give any price protection to the folks who ordered in 2021, unless they hit a magical cutoff date in March. Retail order price protection doesn't go across years, so likely no price protection.

I'd go ahead and change now though. Who knows what new squirreliness Ford will discover for next year.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm seeing this new info emerging that they're going to fulfill all current orders. That's a problem cause I don't want my order to be fulfilled in its current state! I'd really like to change to a Badlands!
I was in the same boat about not being fulfilled this year. Call your dealer and ask them to set your priority code to 99. This will prevent Ford from putting it into production.

I did this to my order. I didn't want to come this close to 2023 orders to be a late 2022. You never know what changes there are going to be. I also have been considering switching to Wildtrak.

Last edited:

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a OBX on order and thought about switching to a BL, ordered from Long McArthur Ford. Tim Bartz told me to switch the model is basically creating a new order and restarting your place in the queue. You can switch things like colors or add or delete packages, that won't affect your order. Stuck with the OBX.
Sponsored