Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello all,

For those that are audio inclined, I see that there is a lot of talk about which one to use.

I myself am not sure which one I should be choosing…

I have replaced 4 speakers, the two front, and the rear pods. I am now to the subwoofer step… I already bought the fusion amp, so that’s out of the way.

I am purchasing the Kicker Comprt 6.75.

Do I get the 4ohm or the 2ohm?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on what kind of sound you are going for, and we can dig REALLY far into this if you want.

But at a general high level:

2Ω sub will be louder and sound more "boomy". 4Ω sub will sound a little "tighter" and more "accurate" sounding. (I'm sure that doesn't make sense, but hard to describe what audio sounds like.) It's very much a personal preference sorta thing.

I will say it seems like a lot of people bought 2Ω simply because the subwoofer in the Fusion was a 2Ω sub. But lately a lot of people are starting to lean towards 4Ω, with some even sending their 2Ω subwoofer back and trading it for a 4Ω.

I have zero experience with the Fusion amp, so I can't really say for this specific application. But personally I prefer 4Ω subs in ported enclosures. My brother prefers 2Ω subs in sealed enclosures.

OP
OP
LOSTXGOLD

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Depends on what kind of sound you are going for, and we can dig REALLY far into this if you want.

But at a general high level:

2Ω sub will be louder and sound more "boomy". 4Ω sub will sound a little "tighter" and more "accurate" sounding. (I'm sure that doesn't make sense, but hard to describe what audio sounds like.) It's very much a personal preference sorta thing.

I will say it seems like a lot of people bought 2Ω simply because the subwoofer in the Fusion was a 2Ω sub. But lately a lot of people are starting to lean towards 4Ω, with some even sending their 2Ω subwoofer back and trading it for a 4Ω.

I have zero experience with the Fusion amp, so I can't really say for this specific application. But personally I prefer 4Ω subs in ported enclosures. My brother prefers 2Ω subs in sealed enclosures.

Well, I ordered the 4ohm, and I am installing it tomorrow, so we shall see how this goes!

Thank you for the response!

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I ordered the 4ohm, and I am installing it tomorrow, so we shall see how this goes!

Thank you for the response!
I'm not sure how much you have researched but going with the kicker you will want to close off the port. I used an old t shirt. Some have used socks and others expanding foam.

Mena541

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 f150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello all,

For those that are audio inclined, I see that there is a lot of talk about which one to use.

I have replaced 4 speakers, the two front, and the rear pods. I am now to the subwoofer step… I already bought the fusion amp, so that’s out of the way.

Thanks in advance!
What year fusion amp did u get? And where fid u purchase it? I’m trying to add sun and amp to my 23 wildtrak

Sponsored

Turner00

Badlands
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The kicker has two model numbers one ending in a 2 the other a 4. 2 & 4 ohm respectively. I ordered the 2 from Amazon. My came without a 2 or 4 on the box. I took a quick look at the instructions and it said it can be used as a 2 or 4 ohm. Not sure the details as it arrived late last night, it it look like it is how you wire it determines the 2 vs 4.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not sure how much you have researched but going with the kicker you will want to close off the port. I used an old t shirt. Some have used socks and others expanding foam.
To expand on this, the factory enclosures are too small in volume to be ported for aftermarket subs. By blocking of the port, you are turning it into a sealed enclosure which will give you better sound quality.

OP
OP
LOSTXGOLD

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thanks for the advice - I haven’t finished it yet, so I’ll definitely do that!

OP
OP
LOSTXGOLD

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!
40 is always clearer but not as loud ...you will never know the difference

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all,

Thanks in advance!
i got a mti tail gate sub package 10" kicker pro comp rt not 12 for punchy sound 40hm instead of woofy and felt box size also dictated smaller size sub with sub grill from kicker
5 channel amp and alpine co axles deck and ponds
6 inch alpine mids down low in kickers
i boom even with top and doors off lol

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The kicker has two model numbers one ending in a 2 the other a 4. 2 & 4 ohm respectively. I ordered the 2 from Amazon. My came without a 2 or 4 on the box. I took a quick look at the instructions and it said it can be used as a 2 or 4 ohm. Not sure the details as it arrived late last night, it it look like it is how you wire it determines the 2 vs 4.
Yeah, no. While the way speakers and their driving amp(s) are wired can and do have a role in the way the circuit operates from the amp's standpoint it isn't the same thing as whether a speaker is (as designed/built by the MF) a 2 or 4 Ohm (or 8 or 1, etc.) speaker.

This is a picture of the Kicker 48CWRT674, Kicker's 6.75" 4 Ohm subwoofer. Note that both the full model number (with the "4" suffix) AND the "4 ohm" rating are displayed on the sub.
Ford Bronco Subwoofer Delete - 4ohm vs 2ohm? PXL_20230624_142112366

Last edited:

HuntersBronco

Badlands
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with a new Fusion amp and the 2 ohm kicker. Sounds great to me. I then added a custom box and a JL Audio tw3 10. I think the set up sounds great with a variety of music. I also swapped out all the OE speakers with kickers.

23_Badlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 2d SAS 7sp(AB) Hi Tow Modular Hoop
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Noticed the 2 and 4 ohm 6.75" Kickers have dual voice coils with pos/neg terminals for each voice coil. Is the 2 and 4 ohm rating for each voice coil? Can these voice coils be wired in series or parallel (to increase or decrease total impedance)?
Sponsored

Last edited: