Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Honestly, one could get by with just swapping the dash and rear pod speakers. I ran that for a while (Alpine S40s in front and Infinity References in back), and the difference was substantial. It's a good option for CASUAL listening. I found that they were still constrained by the head unit's amplifier, and the kick panel speakers, while they provide bass, it's not good bass. All speakers with the stock head unit will hit their limits pretty quickly (especially with higher quality streaming sources like Tidal or Apple Music).

But if you're into critical listening or impassioned listening (I'm talking being able to feel the music at high volumes without distortion while driving at higher than normal speed), just swapping the dash speakers won't cut it - that's where full overhaul is required (speakers, external amp, subwoofer of choice).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Havoc1

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Planning on doing the install this weekend. I'm getting tired of sitting on these speakers knowing that I can enjoy music at anytime and telling myself to wait for the PNP kits to come back in stock is losing it's "charm" of knocking it all out in one shot. I also found out through another thread that these jbl's may not fit in the rear pods... joy 🙄😒

@jaeggernaut did you ever install the hideaway?

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not yet. Sorry. Good luck with your upgrade.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
So obviously there's a metric crap ton of audio upgrade threads. Of those, there is a very high percentage involving kickers, and a few infinity basslink and jbl's out there as well.

I've been toying around with the idea, what about those that don't necessarily have the funding to pursue the upgrades that have been done already? Myself personally, I've decided on a kicker plug and play kit with the hideaway sub. I don't particularly care much all the extra base any more, I just want to fill the lows better. Well with a lot more free time on my hands now I got to thinking what about a build for "younger" folks (high schoolers, college kids, etc). I started browsing the old www and saw some $30 Kenwood speakers. Now I remember way back in high school Kenwood was a decent low budget brand, this was of course when sound systems were a big thing and everyone "had to have one".

Anyway not to get too far off topic, has anyone done a super low budget system with success?

As in did it truly sound better or is it like the placebo affect? I'm only asking because I know sometimes just adding a better aftermarket amp will improve sound quality.

Ford Bronco Super budget audio upgrade? 1652793150439

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs