Sponsored

SuperChips FlashCal F5 Plug n Play Speedometer Calibration Programmer ?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Purchased a “Superchips flashcal for Bronco”. Apparently they don’t work on 2023 models… Email sent to Holley. I guess I’ll try to return it. I have no idea what the best unit to buy is to change tire size.
Did you update it before attempting to use it?
Sponsored

JTM

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

hammered

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes I went through the steps and updated it on their website.
Did you ever get a response from Holley? Having same issue, installed update, but doesn't seem to save settings on 2023 2.3L (tire size, auto start/stop disable). Check engine message comes on until I reset to stock. Sent email as well. Have flashcal on F150 and previous super-duty's with no issues.

JTM

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you ever get a response from Holley? Having same issue, installed update, but doesn't seem to save settings on 2023 2.3L (tire size, auto start/stop disable). Check engine message comes on until I reset to stock. Sent email as well. Have flashcal on F150 and previous super-duty's with no issues.
Yes I spoke with them and they told me they don’t have the Flashcal ready for the 2023 yet. Now this was several months ago and I thought I seen on here somewhere that they updated it. Let me know what you find out because I’m still just driving it without updating. I’ll say though that it drives just fine unlike my JK Wrangler that definitely needed a shift point change after 35’s.

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I got mine and tried it out. I tried the tire recalibration to (34) and at first it gave me the service 4x4 error (my heart sank into my stomach). I think that’s my bad as I thought I needed to unplug the unit from the OBD port so I did that as I thought I read to try and unplug it after each change but I realized I didn't go through the full cycle...

Then I moved on from that and tried other options, it seems I got the auto start/stop disabled and the double honk gone successfully as per the module. Will test those out tomorrow.

Then I tried again for the tires.
It automatically cleared the DTCs!
I did the process again and it said successful.

But when I go back to the tires option, it defaults to the size 32.

Does that mean it’s set at the stock 32 size or that’s just what the Flashcal will show and I’m actually good and all set at 34?

Ford Bronco SuperChips FlashCal F5 Plug n Play Speedometer Calibration Programmer ? B8D6BF83-154D-4188-93BD-0D5620B94E3C

Ford Bronco SuperChips FlashCal F5 Plug n Play Speedometer Calibration Programmer ? A6F82B20-D86C-4D6B-9170-1C68F9BEC002

Ford Bronco SuperChips FlashCal F5 Plug n Play Speedometer Calibration Programmer ? B1D02243-FDB0-4BA8-8786-9D99062FA1F8

Last edited:

Sponsored

WoolyBugger

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline / 2dr. Base 7 spd. EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I got mine and tried it out. I tried the tire recalibration to (34) and at first it gave me the service 4x4 error (my heart sank into my stomach). I think that’s my bad as I thought I needed to unplug the unit from the OBD port so I did that as I thought I read to try and unplug it after each change but I realized I didn't go through the full cycle...

Then I moved on from that and tried other options, it seems I got the auto start/stop disabled and the double honk gone successfully as per the module. Will test those out tomorrow.

Then I tried again for the tires.
It automatically cleared the DTCs!
I did the process again and it said successful.

But when I go back to the tires option, it defaults to the size 32.

Does that mean it’s set at the stock 32 size or that’s just what the Flashcal will show and I’m actually good and all set at 34?

Ford Bronco SuperChips FlashCal F5 Plug n Play Speedometer Calibration Programmer ? B1D02243-FDB0-4BA8-8786-9D99062FA1F8

My Flashcal did the same thing on the tire size ie. reverted back to OE size. The only thing that I could make work with the Flashcal was disable double honk. Guess I will have to wait on an a software update from Holley.....

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the flashcal, it is not 2023 compliant yet. I don't know how you would of bought for 2023 as it plainly states 21-22. If you search under 2023, it is not available.

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the auto start-stop disable worked, the double honk removal worked, set TPMS for front & rear down a few PSI, and...I checked my speed via waze and the speedo is just 1mph off! So seems it worked as far as the tire calibration? Maybe it just always defaults to show you 32.00 as the starting point?

hammered

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes I spoke with them and they told me they don’t have the Flashcal ready for the 2023 yet. Now this was several months ago and I thought I seen on here somewhere that they updated it. Let me know what you find out because I’m still just driving it without updating. I’ll say though that it drives just fine unlike my JK Wrangler that definitely needed a shift point change after 35’s.
Got similar email from Holley Tech this week. "2023 not currently supported...sign up for newsletter for updates"

hammered

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the flashcal, it is not 2023 compliant yet. I don't know how you would of bought for 2023 as it plainly states 21-22. If you search under 2023, it is not available.
Yea, guess I shoulda done more homework. Purchased from Amazon, listing stated 21+. I'm sure they'll get an update sooner or later.

Sponsored

JTM

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got similar email from Holley Tech this week. "2023 not currently supported...sign up for newsletter for updates"
I sent mine back and got my money back.

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve had the Flashcal for awhile now. I’m running 37 Yoko’s. I had the Flashcal set for 36.00 for the tire size, speedo was reading 3 mph fast. Getting ready for the drive out to Moab, thought I’d get it dialed in. After trying a few different sizes, 34.75 turns out to be the magical setting on mine. Finally my speedo matches gps. Just thought I’d throw this out there if anybody else is having issues getting an accurate reading.
Sponsored