Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps not the angle you were going for....

But Ford put this guys name on the back of their cars and he was quite the marketing man.

2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-rear-low[1].jpg

That point aside. And as somebody who performs a large part of their work as a federal compliance auditor, rules were broken. But they weren't broken with malice or for personal gain.

What is needed is a corrective action plan for the employee. Your greatest resource is always the employees who work for you.
I like it. Comparing the Stig to Carroll Shelby is quite the compliment!!
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like it. Comparing the Stig to Carroll Shelby is quite the compliment!!
Some say that he solved his first quadric equation before he could tie his shoes.

And that he invented a form of cold fusion powered by dill pickles.

All we know is he's called the Stig!

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Late to the party, but I wholeheartedly "+1" all the good things that have been said about Stig. And thanks to Ashley for publishing the information, too.

In my case, his pictures helped me finalize my color choice AND kept the excitement alive way more than Ford and their official marketing partners did.

This is the amazing part, to me. I initially thought that Ford *was* doing guerilla marketing. I mean, the pictures were so much better (even if imperfect at times) than we were getting from Ford, and they were addressing real questions we all had (the list of B6G threads speaks for itself).

Not only that, his pictures showed that Ford was working hard on the Bronco AND that there are a lot of people at Michigan Truck (I guess it's MAP now, I had the pleasure of working in the plant the day of the 2003 blackout, interestingly enough) who are also passionate about the Bronco.

This should be exactly what Ford wants to put out into the world, to keep their prospective customers happy. I'm amazed that one person managed to do all this. Why would Ford punish someone who *helped* the company? Ford should be giving Stig a bonus, a large one, for his efforts and to make up for the punishment so far.

As for whatever rules Stig may have violated, I'll end with this quote:
“Too many rules get in the way of leadership. They just put you in a box . . . . People set rules to keep from making decisions.” - Mike Krzyzewski
This is what happens when you have tyrannical idiots running the show. It’s all about who can be the bigger asshole. The power-hungry self-absorbed morons they can screw over totally innocent people that were actually helping. It’s all about flexing their power imagine what they do in their personal life. 🙈

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is what happens when you have tyrannical idiots running the show. It’s all about who can be the bigger asshole. The power-hungry self-absorbed morons they can screw over totally innocent people that were actually helping. It’s all about flexing their power imagine what they do in their personal life. 🙈
Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action 12774-TinFoilHat-May-Move02_800x[1]

I'm ready for what you're on!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry just Reality.
It's a perspective on the spectrum of potential outcomes. To you that may be interpreted as "the" (singular) reality.

Don't forget the actual reality that Stig did, in fact, break written company (and union) policy in his actions. If those policies are valid or highly violable is another matter.

Most on here, myself included, don't see his actions as damaging the company in a material way (possibly even benefitting it). Like most policies and procedures, they are written in blood or fraud and this one is quite the sticky wicket for the overlords. How could those actions be taken with the intent do do harm or seek personal benefit from it? Risk assessment was likely already done when making the policies that were broken.

I'll still assert that he should be re-hired yet placed on a corrective action plan and have a 3 or 6-month oversight review and monitored, but still have his job and as long as no further violations occurred, in good standing with FoMoCo and his UAW chapter.

But tyrannical it is not.
Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action 1631652561160

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a perspective on the spectrum of potential outcomes. To you that may be interpreted as "the" (singular) reality.

Don't forget the actual reality that Stig did, in fact, break written company (and union) policy in his actions. If those policies are valid or highly violable is another matter.

Most on here, myself included, don't see his actions as damaging the company in a material way (possibly even benefitting it). Like most policies and procedures, they are written in blood or fraud and this one is quite the sticky wicket for the overlords. How could those actions be taken with the intent do do harm or seek personal benefit from it? Risk assessment was likely already done when making the policies that were broken.

I'll still assert that he should be re-hired yet placed on a corrective action plan and have a 3 or 6-month oversight review and monitored, but still have his job and as long as no further violations occurred, in good standing with FoMoCo and his UAW chapter.

But tyrannical it is not.
Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action 1631652561160
Yes … he should have his job. One has to take time to see what his intent was. Policies should be guidelines and not etched in stone. Discretion covers a lot of ground .

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One more time, any updates on Stig?

Sponsored

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Support for The Stig - B6G Call to Action Stig Pic

The Stig drives a VW Atlas ? :LOL:

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One more additional time :)
And one more time for all those that really gave a fuch about Stig.

I'm all out of fuchs now so I like to get some return on the ones that I really gave in earnest

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And one more time for all those that really gave a fuch about Stig.

I'm all out of fuchs now so I like to get some return on the ones that I really gave in earnest
There has been no update on The Stig. @618TRVLWILD can perhaps give details. But my understanding is that the appeal of the status is still in review.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought he got reassigned ? Hopefully all goes well and would like to know how this turns out. He was a tell asset to the community.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There has been no update on The Stig. @618TRVLWILD can perhaps give details. But my understanding is that the appeal of the status is still in review.
I wonder if he has been on paid/unpaid leave this whole time?

Lots of other jobs out there right now...labor shortages have folks paying really well. I hope he/she finds something really good.
Sponsored