Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All,

I am wanting to upgrade my BadSquatch Bronco to get more articulation and ground clearance.

I have assembled the following list of items that I think will help achieve my goals:

ICON Stage 7 Tubular Kit
ICON Rear Res Mounts
Rough Country Rear Brake Hose Relo Bracket (Need to call)
DV8 Inner Fender Liners
RPG Tie Rods
RCV Axles
3/4" Body Lift
37" Tires

This represents about $12,500 worth of upgrades, increases articulation, provides robustness, and increases ground clearance.

I am doing the 3/4" body lift and DV8 liners to obviate the need to limit the ICON suspension w/ 37" tires. I will cut the spacers into 3/4" chunks and reuse the existing body mount bolts.

I have the BroncBusterTx Braces but they won't clear the ICON COs, so looking to just get beefier tie rods.

I don't want to risk breaking a CV cup at full droop so RCV axles to the rescue. Guaranteed with up to 40" tire and higher operating angle.

I believe I can mount the 37" tire to the rear with no changes since my Bronco came with Sasquatch.

Anything I'm missing or have gotten wrong? This is a big spend and I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OddBall88

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might need wheel spacers or the JKS body mounts.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you are right on track for a solid build. Don’t forget wheels with a smaller offset. Depending on your plans off road you may want to add a transmission skid plate. It help protect the center of your under belly and covers the V6 frame cross members.

dsgperformance

Outer Banks
First Name
DSG Performance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dsgperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All,

I am wanting to upgrade my BadSquatch Bronco to get more articulation and ground clearance.

I have assembled the following list of items that I think will help achieve my goals:

ICON Stage 7 Tubular Kit
ICON Rear Res Mounts
Rough Country Rear Brake Hose Relo Bracket (Need to call)
DV8 Inner Fender Liners
RPG Tie Rods
RCV Axles
3/4" Body Lift
37" Tires

This represents about $12,500 worth of upgrades, increases articulation, provides robustness, and increases ground clearance.

I am doing the 3/4" body lift and DV8 liners to obviate the need to limit the ICON suspension w/ 37" tires. I will cut the spacers into 3/4" chunks and reuse the existing body mount bolts.

I have the BroncBusterTx Braces but they won't clear the ICON COs, so looking to just get beefier tie rods.

I don't want to risk breaking a CV cup at full droop so RCV axles to the rescue. Guaranteed with up to 40" tire and higher operating angle.

I believe I can mount the 37" tire to the rear with no changes since my Bronco came with Sasquatch.

Anything I'm missing or have gotten wrong? This is a big spend and I don't want to screw it up.

Thanks!
I sent you over a DM

OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you are right on track for a solid build. Don’t forget wheels with a smaller offset. Depending on your plans off road you may want to add a transmission skid plate. It help protect the center of your under belly and covers the V6 frame cross members.
Yep I'm running ASFIR armor for the LCAs and transmission and cross members. Good stuff. Those cross members take a beating!

So even though the tires are the same width I need to decrease the offset?

Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep I'm running ASFIR armor for the LCAs and transmission and cross members. Good stuff. Those cross members take a beating!

So even though the tires are the same width I need to decrease the offset?
For me it’s personal preference, once you go higher, go wider. Also you may experience tire rub when switching to 37 on stock wheels. There has been a number of post on it , everyone had different experience. My 37 rubbed before I switched to 0 offset but they where 37x13.5

OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For me it’s personal preference, once you go higher, go wider. Also you may experience tire rub when switching to 37 on stock wheels. There has been a number of post on it , everyone had different experience. My 37 rubbed before I switched to 0 offset but they where 37x13.5
Go wider is kind of the thing I'm trying to avoid. I live in PA. Very tight and narrow tracks here.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go wider is kind of the thing I'm trying to avoid. I live in PA. Very tight and narrow tracks here.
That’s why I added a LJ20 to the fleet for the narrow trails. Badlands is 82”+ Suzuki is 52” Good luck on your build.
Ford Bronco Suspension + Tires Upgrade Shopping List DCF3DFC7-3714-44FB-A1F9-DF03C3D5A246
Sponsored

Last edited: